Employees’ Provident Fund Organization has made linking Aadhaar mandatory with EPF Account. Linking Aadhaar with EPF would make the process smoother of EPF withdrawal and the necessary needs of various processes like filling forms, taking signatures, and submission would not be required.
Linking Aadhaar with EPF will make documentation process easier and if multiple Universal Account Numbers are present than it would get merged into a single UAN.
So in this post, we will discuss and explain how to link Aadhaar with Employees Provident Fund (EPF) with Online and Offline Method.
But before we proceed with the process on how to link Aadhaar with EPF, let’s get to know the benefits of linking Aadhaar with Employees Provident Fund.
Table of Contents
Benefits of Linking Aadhaar with Employees Provident Fund
- No requirement to upload additional documents to claim the settlement
- You can easily trace the progress of your settlement claim
- If there are multiple UAN on your name then all will get merged into one single UAN
- You can claim your settlement online
So linking Aadhaar with your EPF will make your work easier and in few clicks, you would be able to withdraw or transfer your EPF online without visiting the EPFO Office and without providing additional documentation.
Let’s get started with the process on how to link Aadhaar with the Employees Provident Fund.
Steps to Link Aadhaar with Employees Provident Fund Offline
- To link your Aadhaar with EPF Offline method you will have to take Aadhaar Card and your EPF Details along with you and visit the nearest Common Service Centers or EPFO Office.
- You would be provided a form to fill.
- Fill in all details asked in the form, and enclose the necessary documents as mentioned in the form.
- Submit the form with the documents.
- If your details match with Aadhaar and UAN than it would get successfully linked, and it would take 10 – 15 days to successfully get processed.
Steps to Link Aadhaar with Employees Provident Fund Online
- To link your Aadhaar Number with EPF Online just visit EPFO Unified EPF Portal Members Interface from //unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
- Login in to your account by entering your UAN and password.
- Once you are logged in into EPF Portal, from the home screen just go to manage tab and under that just click on KYC.
- KYC page would be opened asking you to fill in any details from the list like Bank details, PAN details, Aadhaar Number, Passport, Driving License, Election Card, Ration Card or NPR.
- You have to select on option Aadhaar and enter your 12 digits Aadhaar Number in the space provided.
- Once entering these details just click on the Save button.
- That’s it if your details match with EPF and Aadhaar than your request will get submitted successfully.
- You will be able to see your Aadhaar linking request under the KYC option in the pending state. The approval may take up to 10 to 15 days, and once it is approved you would be able to see it under the Approved KYC section.
This is how one can easily link your Aadhaar Number with EPF at the comfort of their home without visiting the EPF Office.
Steps to Link Aadhaar with Employees Provident Fund Online without Logging In
- To link Aadhaar Number with Employees Provident Fund Online without logging in just visit EPFO eKYC Portal by clicking here.
- Just click on the link UAN Aadhaar.
- On the next page, you will have to fill in your details to LINK YOUR UAN WITH AADHAAR like your UAN, Mobile Number linked with UAN, Generate OTP and enter the OTP in the field provided, enter your 12 digit Aadhaar Number and click on submit button.
- You will receive a one-time-password on your Aadhaar registered mobile number, enter that OTP in enter OTP field and hit on the submit button.
That’s it this is how you can easily submit your Aadhaar Seeding Request, if your details in EPF and Aadhaar Matches than it would get linked. The approval process may take up to 10 to 15 days.
FAQ’s on PF Aadhaar Linking
While completing KYC with Aadhaar i am getting error "invalid gender details for aadhaar authentication"?
“Invalid gender details for aadhaar authentication” error usually occurs when your gender details are wrongly updated by the employer in employer EPF portal. So you will need to request the employer to correct the gender and then only you will be able to successfully complete the KYC with Aadhaar.