Virtual ID (VID) Generator is an online tool which helps you to generate temporary Aadhaar ID known as Virtual ID or VID. Which means your real 12 digit Aadhaar Number would be hidden, and wherever Aadhaar is asked you could provide this generated VID without disclosing your 12 digit Aadhaar Number.
This feature has been developed by UIDAI to tighten up more security in Aadhaar System. Now there is no need to be concerned about miss-use or Data theft of your Aadhaar Card, anyways by simply knowing someone’s Aadhaar, one cannot impersonate and harm him because Aadhaar alone is not sufficient to prove one’s identity but it requires biometrics to authenticate one’s Identity.
This feature of creating Aadhaar Virtual ID would be very helpful for those who didn’t wanted to share their Aadhaar Number, now they could generate Virtual ID in one go and provide this id wherever Aadhaar or Biometric Number is asked.
What is Aadhaar Virtual ID (VID)
Aadhaar Virtual ID or VID contains 16 digit random number which is mapped to your 12 digit Aadhaar Number. 16 Digit Virtual ID (VID) can be generated only by Aadhaar Number or Aadhaar Card holders and can be used where-ever it is asked for authentication or where-ever e-KYC services are performed, same like how you use your Aadhaar Number.
VID can be replaced or new one can be generated from time to time as prescribed by UIDAI Policies. As of now validity of VID is one day, which means again on next day new VID can be generated.
At one time only one Virtual ID will be valid for an Aadhaar Card. UIDAI Portal provides various options for Aadhaar holders to generate their Virtual ID, Retrieve their lost Virtual ID if in case they forget it, even there is an option to replace Virtual ID with new ones. All these options of Virtual ID is available on UIDAI Web Portal, e-Aadhaar Download, mAadhaar App, Aadhaar Enrolment Centers etc.
How to Generate Aadhaar Virtual ID or VID
- To generate Aadhaar VID you should have mobile number registered with your Aadhaar Card, and if your mobile number is not registered than just update it by clicking here.
- To generate your Aadhaar Virtual ID or VID just visit UIDAI Web Portal by going https://resident.uidai.gov.in/web/resident/vidgeneration
- Enter your 12 digit Aadhaar Number in enter Aadhaar Number field.
- Solve the security code as it is displayed in the image by entering it in below enter security code field.
- Just click on send otp button.
- You will receive one time password on your registered mobile number, enter the received otp in enter otp field.
- From Generate / Retrieve VID option just select Generate VID and click on submit button.
- You will receive 16 digit VID on your registered mobile number via SMS.