After a long wait, UIDAI has launched its Official Aadhaar App named mAadhaar. mAadhaar enables 12 digit UID holders to carry their demographics information such as name, date of birth, gender, and address along with a photograph that is linked with Aadhaar Number in their smartphones.
To use mAadhaar registered Aadhaar Mobile Number is mandatory, and if your mobile number is not registered or linked with your Aadhaar than to use the mAadhaar app you will need to get your Mobile Number Updated by visiting Aadhaar Enrolment Center.
mAadhaar Offers to carry out following tasks within the App:
- Aadhaar Number Holder Profile Download: You can carry and access your Aadhaar Demographic Details on your smartphone everywhere and anytime.
- Lock/ Unlock Biometrics: Now on one go using mAadhaar App you can secure your biometric authentication by locking biometrics. Once you enable biometric locking the biometrics will be locked till Aadhaar holder chooses to unlock it. Enabling Locking will not allow carrying biometric authentications like iris, and fingerprints.
- TOTP Generation: TOTP is Time-based One-Time Password this will mostly come handy to you when you are unable to receive OTP on your phone, you can use a Time-based One-Time Password instead of SMS based OTP’s.
- Update Profile: Update View of the Aadhaar Profile Data case been seen after the successful completion of the Aadhaar update request.
- Sharing of the QR code and eKYC data by Aadhaar Number holder: You can share QR Code and password protected eKYC data to retrieve accurate demographic information from it instead of manually entering it.
How to Carry Aadhaar in your Smartphone via mAadhaar App
To carry Aadhaar in your smartphone, you will need to first keep your Aadhaar Number handy with you, along with Aadhaar Registered Mobile Number. The Aadhaar Registered mobile number should be on the same device on which you are installing the app mAadhaar.
- From your mobile device open the app store and search for mAadhaar.
- Make sure you install the official version of mAadhaar App, which you can rectify by checking Offered by Unique Identification Authority of India.
- Install the app on your device, and once it gets installed on your device, just open the app.
- Once the app gets launched, mAadhaar Consent message will appear.
- Just read out the mAadhaar Consent and tap on the OK button.
- On the next screen usage guidelines will appear, just tap on the back button and you will be prompted to create a password.
- Just create a password, make sure your password contains 4 digit number.
- Once entering and confirming the password, accept the terms and conditions, and tap on the confirm button.
- Next, you will need to create a profile by entering your 12 digit Aadhaar Number.
- Enter the 12 digit Aadhaar Number and tap on the next button.
- A prompt will appear saying mAadhaar needs to send SMS to verify your device, so just tap on the ok button.
- A message will be composed containing a code that will be used to verify your mobile number registered with Aadhaar. So you have to make sure you select the correct SIM which is registered with Aadhaar and send this message.
- Once the message is successfully sent, a prompt will appear saying please wait for 25 seconds. We are verifying your device.
- You will receive a one-time password on your registered mobile number.
- Enter the received OTP in next enter otp field and click on the verify button.
- A message will be displayed, your profile is successfully created.
- On the next screen, you will be asked to enter the password which you had set and tap on the OK button.
- Once entering the password, your Aadhaar Profile will be displayed in the mAadhaar App which will include your Full Name, Aadhaar Number and Last Updated Date.
- To view complete details, you can tap on your Aadhaar, enter the password and view your detail information present in your Aadhaar. You can access the front and back view of your Aadhaar by tapping on your Aadhar. The front view will contain Full name, date of birth, gender, and aadhaar number, and the back view will contain complete address.
That’s it, this is how you can now carry Aadhaar in your smartphone via mAadhaar App.