After a long wait UIDAI has launched its Official Aadhaar App named mAadhaar. mAadhaar enables 12 digit UID holders to carry their demographics information such as name, date of birth, gender, and address along with photograph which is linked with Aadhaar Number in their smartphones.
To use mAadhaar registered Aadhaar Mobile Number is mandatory, and if your mobile number is not registered or linked with your Aadhaar than to use mAadhaar App you will need to get your Mobile Number Updated by visiting Aadhaar Enrolment Center.
mAadhaar Offers to carry out following tasks within the App:
- Aadhaar Number Holder Profile Download: You can carry and access your Aadhaar Demographic Details on your smartphone everywhere and anytime.
- Lock/ Unlock Biometric: Now on one go using mAadhaar App you can secure your biometric authentication by locking biometrics. Once you enable biometric locking the biometrics will be locked till Aadhaar holder chooses to unlock it. Enabling Locking will not allow to carry biometric authentications like iris, and fingerprints.
- TOTP Generation: TOTP is Time-based One-Time Password this will mostly come handy to you when you are unable to receive OTP on your phone, you can use Time-based One-Time Password instead of SMS based OTP’s.
- Update Profile: Update View of Aadhaar Profile Data case been seen after successful completion of Aadhaar update request.
- Sharing of QR code and eKYC data by Aadhaar Number holder: You can share QR Code and password protected eKYC data to retrieve accurate demographic information from it instead of manually entering it.