If you find any errors in your Aadhaar Card details you can update it through Post. Using Aadhaar Update through Post you can update details like name, gender, Date of Birth, address, and email id through Post.
So now let’s get to know how to update Aadhaar Card through Post.
Step by Step Tutorial on How to Update Aadhaar Card through Post
- To submit your update/ correction request by post please CLICK HERE to download the correction form.
- Just take out a print out of the downloaded Aadhaar Data Update/ Correction Form and fill the complete form irrespective of the field/s for update/correction in capital letters, don’t forget to mention mobile number as it is mandatory for update/ change in any of the fields as it may be used for verification by calling the applicant and the status of the Aadhaar Update Request will be intimated by sending SMS on this mobile number. Applications submitted for an update without mobile number through the post will be rejected. Also, fill the details in the local language in the right-hand side column of the Aadhaar Data Update/Correction Form.
- Depending on the fields you updated through the post, enclose self-attested photocopies of supporting documents as per the valid documents list. Below is the valid list of documents for the Aadhaar Card Data Update.
Supported Proof of Identity (PoI) documents Containing Name and Photo for Name Corrections:
Passport, PAN Card, Ration / PDS Photo Card, Voter ID, Driving License, Government Photo ID Cards/ Service Photo Identity Card issued by PSU, NREGS Job Card, Photo ID Issues by Recognized Educational Institution, Arms License, Photo Bank ATM Card, Photo Credit Card, Pensioner Photo Card, Freedom Fighter Photo Card, Kissan Photo Passbook, CGHS/ ECHS Photo Card, Address Card having Name and Photo issued by Department of Posts, Certificate of Identity having photo issued by Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead, Disability ID Card/handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State/UT, Affidavit executed on non-judicial stamp paper to be submitted by a woman applicant for name change after marriage (Join affidavit to be submitted along with her husband with joint photo), Marriage Certificate, Proof of Marriage document issued by the registrar, gazette notification, legal name change certificate.
Supported Proof of date of birth documents:
Birth Certificate, SSLC Book/ Certificate, Passport, Certificate of Date of Birth issued by Group A Gazetted Office on letterhead.
Supported Proof of Address (PoA) documents Containing Name and Photo for Name Corrections:
Passport, Bank Statement/ Passbook, Ration Card, Voter ID, Driving License, Government Photo ID Cards/ Service Photo Identity Card issued by PSU, Electricity Bill (not older than 3 months), Water Bill (not older than 3 months), Telephone Landline bill (not older than 3 months), Property Tax Receipt (not older than 3 months), Credit Card Statement (not older than 3 months), Insurance Policy, Signed Letter having Photo from Bank on letterhead, Signed letter having photo issued by registered company on letterhead, signed letter having photo issued by recognized educational instruction on letterhead, NREGS Job Card, Arms License, Pensioner Card, Freedom Fighter Card, Kissan Passbook, CGHS/ ECHS Card, Certificate of address having photo issued by MP or MLA or Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead, Certificate of address issued by village panchayat head or its equivalent authority (for rural areas), Income Tax Assessment Order, Vehicle Registration Certificate, Registered Sale/ Lease/ Rent Agreement, Address card having photo issued by departments of posts, caste and domicile certificate having photo issued by state govt., disability ID Card/ handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State/UT Governments/ Administrations, Gas Connection Bill (not older than 3 months), Passport Spouse, Passport of Parents (in case of minor).
- Once you are done just put the form and self-attested photocopies into an envelope, just pack it and send it to update requests by India post to one of the following addresses:
Post Box No. 10, Chhindwara,
Madhya Pradesh – 480001, India
Post Box No. 99, Banjara Hills,
Hyderabad – 500034, India
- Once your update request gets processed you will be intimated through SMS saying your update has been processed successfully. Alternative you can also keep eye on the status of your Aadhaar Update from //ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/check-status by providing your update details.
If you have requested for the update of Name, Address, Date of Birth and Gender your updated Aadhaar letter will be sent to you at your residence. If in case you don’t receive an updated Aadhaar Letter you can visit //eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/ to download e-Aadhaar by providing EID or UID and other demographic details.
If you’re Aadhaar Update Request was rejected than below are the rejection reasons:
- Wrong PoA/PoI document uploaded
- PoA/PoI document is not self-attested
- Transliteration error
- Supporting documents not self-attested by the resident
- Mobile and Aadhaar shared in the form is incorrect
- Supporting documents are not in the name of the resident