Aadhaar is a 12 digit unique identification number which is allotted by UIDAI to Indian Residents as well as Non-Residents of India (NRI). Initially Only Residents of India were eligible to apply for Aadhaar Card but as per Central Government order Aadhar Card are now also been issued to NRI’s.
Each Aadhaar Number is unique and it is linked with residents demographic, biometric and other details, which makes it easy to identify or verify the details of resident with the help of 12 digit Aadhaar or UID Number. By allowing NRI’s to enroll for Aadhaar the Aadhaar Database with Government will become more rich and accurate, and government will have biometric & demographic details of Non-Residents of India (NRI).
Process on How to Get Aadhar Card for NRI
The requirement and process to apply for Aadhar Card for NRI (Non-Residents of India) is same as the process Indian Residents follows while registering for Aadhaar Card.
- To enroll for Aadhaar Card NRI can take online appointment if your nearest Aadhaar Kendra Seva Center accepts it, to know how to take Aadhaar Card Online Appointment click here.
- If you’re nearest Aadhaar Card Enrollment Center accepts online appointment you can take the appointment online and walk in to the center at specific time depending on appointment slot you have booked. If your Aadhaar Card Seva Kendra doesn’t support online appointment then you can directly walk-in to Aadhaar Center as per your convenience.
- While visiting Aadhaar Card Enrolling Agency don’t forget to carry your Proof of Identity and Proof of Address self-attested photocopies with originals. To save your time at aadhaar center you can take a print out of Aadhaar Card Enrollment Form, take print out and fill it at home. To download the Aadhaar Enrollment Form click here.
- You can even get Aadhaar Card Enrollment Form at Aadhaar Center. Fill all the details asked in the Aadhaar Card Enrollment Form and enclose your self-attested photocopies of Proof of Identity and Proof of Address.
- Submit the form with documents to the officials at aadhaar center, your form and documents will be verified and you will be asked to sit for enrollment of Aadhaar.
- The operator will enter your demographic details as you have entered in the form in the aadhaar software, you will have to review it carefully if the operator is making any mistakes while entering your data. And if in case if operator has made any mistake you can ask him to correct it same time. Once your demographic details are entered your biometric data will be captured like all 10 finger prints, both eyes iris scan, and one photograph.
- That’s it your enrollment has been completed, the operator will provide you your Aadhaar Card Acknowledgement Slip. You can use this Aadhaar Card Acknowledgement Slip to track the status of your Aadhaar.
You can now leave the premises, you will receive your Aadhaar Card Letter on residence address via India Post in 90 days.