Aadhaar Kiosk Portal now allows you to search or find your Aadhaar Card Number by Name. This facility to find Aadhaar number by name proves useful when you have lost your Aadhaar Number (UID) as well as Aadhaar Enrollment Number (EID) printed on Enrollment Slip or Resident Copy which you were provided after enrolling yourself for Aadhaar Card.
To find your Aadhaar Card Number by name you should know the correct details like full name, email id, and mobile number which you had given while you had registered for Aadhaar Card. And if you know all these details correctly then you can easily recover your lost Aadhaar Card Number by Name. So to help you out in this situation we have written a complete step by step tutorial on how to find Aadhaar Card Number by Name.
Table of Contents
Finding Aadhaar Number by Name
To find your Aadhaar Number by name you should have a mobile number or email address registered or linked with your Aadhaar, if not then you cannot proceed with this process.
Visit Official Aadhaar Website https://uidai.gov.in/
Under get Aadhaar section you will find an option Retrieve Lost or Forgotten EID/UID
Just click on Retrieve Lost or Forgotten EID/UID and it will open a new page
From the selection I want to retrieve my lost or forgotten: Aadhaar (UID) or Enrolment ID (EID), just select Aadhaar (UID) and enter the full name, mobile no or email address
Complete the Captcha Verification by typing the character you see in the picture and click on send OTP or TOTP (if you are having mAadhaar App Installed)
Enter the received OTP or TOTP and click on the login button
On next screen, a message will be displayed stating your UID that is Aadhaar Number is sent to your registered email id or mobile number
Access your email inbox or SMS to find out your 12 digits Aadhaar Number
This is how you can find your Aadhaar Number by your Name.
Below is the older process with which residents could recover their Aadhaar Number by Name, the process to recover Aadhaar is not the same now as the UIDAI Interface and features have been changed a lot. So to find your Aadhaar No by Name just refer to the above process mentioned.
Old Process to Find Aadhaar No by Name
- Open browser on your computer or laptop or smartphone and visit Aadhaar KIOSK by going //resident.uidai.gov.in/find-uid-eid to find Aadhaar Number (UID).
- To find your Aadhaar No you will have to fill all details asked in the form as all fields are mandatory.
- From the first option, if you want to receive your lost Aadhaar Number, select Aadhaar No (UID), and carry on with step 1 personal details.
- Enter your full name, email id or mobile number as you have given while you had registered for Aadhaar Card. Once filling all personal details enter the security code in the field which you can see in the above image and click on Get OTP button.
- You will receive One Time Password (OTP) on your registered mobile number or Email ID depending on the details which you have provided in the form and then click on the verify OTP button.
- On the next screen, a message will appear saying Congratulations! Aadhaar Number (UID) has been sent to your email address or mobile number (depending on details which you had entered in the Find UID/EID form).
- You can just access your email inbox or SMS and get to know your Aadhaar Number sent to you by UIDAI.
Note: For some reason, if you are getting an error “Your request cannot be processed now due to some technical issue. Please try again later.” Then you should try to find your Aadhaar Card Number by Name after a while as it could be some technical fault with UIDAI Server or Database. And if you are getting an error “Your Aadhaar No (UID) is not yet generated” even though your Aadhaar Number has been generated then you should try out option you want to receive your lost Enrolment No (EID).
This is the process on how to find Aadhaar Card number by name with which you can easily recover your lost Aadhaar Number without Enrollment Number by name.
Once you get your Aadhaar Number you can download your Aadhaar Card PDF by using Aadhaar Number, the downloaded e-Aadhaar PDF is equally valid as Aadhaar Card Letter.