If your gender has been mentioned incorrectly by mistake in your Aadhar Card then you can change it anytime easily. When gender is incorrect in Aadhar you can’t use the card for any purpose as if you provide such card for any purpose they might also mention your gender incorrectly. For e.g. if a person is male his sex might be mentioned as female or transgender in aadhaar and if a person is female her sex might be mentioned as male or transgender in aadhar.
So as soon as you notice the mistake in gender it is better to get it corrected as soon as possible as it might create serious problem for you in future. So in this article we have mentioned all the methods with which you can get your gender corrected in Aadhar Card.
As of now to update your Gender in Aadhaar you will need to visit nearest Aadhaar kendra, and this is the only method available to update or correct gender in Aadhaar. To correct gender there is No requirement of any document and please note that you can update the Gender only Once. If further update is required, you will need to contact UIDAI regional office.
Step by Step Process on How to Correct Gender in Aadhar Card via Enrolment Centre
- Download AADHAAR DATA UPDATE/CORRECTION FORM by clicking here.
- Once you download the application form, just take a print out.
- Once taking printout of the form, start filling up the form.
- From first option Field Update/ Correction tick mark on Gender as you want to correct your gender mentioned in Aadhar Card.
- Next enter your 12 digit Aadhar Number, and then fill in the details like name, gender, date of birth, address, mobile number, email id, in block letters. Don’t forget to fill the details in local language in the right hand side column of the form.
- At bottom of the form mention the Documents like POI, POA and DOB which you will enclose, and sign below. Depending on the field to be updated, attach self-signed supporting documents as per the Valid Documents List.
- Review the form if filled correctly and once done, just enclose the photocopies of supported documents self-attested.
- To update your Gender you will have to visit nearest Aadhaar Card Enrolment Centre with AADHAAR DATA UPDATE/CORRECTION FORM and documents.
- Just submit the form with documents to the Aadhaar Enrollment Operator, the Enrolment Operator will start filling up the details you will have to check if the operator is filling it correctly.
- Once your data is entered your biometric data will be captured for verification.
- Once this process is completed you will soon receive confirmation SMS on your mobile number about Aadhar Update Request within 72 hours.
This is how you can easily update your Gender in Aadhaar Card.
UPDATE: Online & Post Method to Correct Gender in Aadhaar Card, has been permanently removed by UIDAI.
Step by Step Process on How to Correct Gender in Aadhar Card Online
- To correct your gender in Aadhar Card from your web browser visit https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update
- Once you reach at Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal, in the form enter your Aadhar Number and solve the captcha by entering the text which you can see in the image and click on Send OTP button.
- Once clicking on Send OTP you will receive one time password on your registered mobile number, you will have to enter the OTP in enter received OTP field and click on login button.
- Once you click on login button you will be navigated to data update request, from data update request please select fields which you want to update/correct i.e. select gender field and click on submit button.
- On next page you have to select your proper gender and click on submit update request button.
- Next you will be asked to review your submitted update details entered, if everything is correct just accept “I confirm that I have read that instruction carefully and the information provided by me to the UIDAI and the information contained herein is true, correct and accurate” and click on proceed button.
- Next you will have to upload Supported Proof of documents valid self-attested scanned copy in .jpg, .pdf, .tiff, .jpeg, or .png, formats but maximum size of the document should not exceed 2 MB.
- Once you upload these scanned copy documents, next you will have to select BPO Service Provider, select any BPO Service provider which has good average request processing time and click on submit button.
- Next you will get message displayed saying your update request has been successfully submitted and you will also get Update Request Number (URN). You can print your Acknowledgement of Aadhaar Update request or even save it on your computer.
- Your submitted update request will take 15 to 20 days to get processed and you will receive SMS regarding the same. This is how you can easily Correct Gender in Aadhar Card Online.
Step by Step Process on How to Correct Gender in Aadhar Card via Post
- To correct gender in Aadhaar via Post, download the correction form by clicking here.
- Once you download the Aadhar Data Update/Correction Form just take a printout and let’s start filling it, from the top option Field for Update/ Correction don’t forget to tick mark on Gender as you want to correct your gender.
- Next from the below field you will have to enter your 12 digit Aadhar Number, then fill up your details like name, gender, address, pin code, mobile number, email, in block letters in both English and your regional local language. Fill in the complete Aadhaar Data Update/Correction Form and sign off. Make sure that you don’t make any mistakes while filling up the form.
- From the last option Document Details (Write Names of the documents attached. Refer Acceptable Valid documents) and enclose the document photocopies self-attest with your signature.
- Review the data entered for correctness and completeness in English as well as local language. UIDAI will not make any corrections to the information in your request.
- Once you fill up the form completely just review it once and place it in an envelope with photocopies of documents.
- On top Mark the envelope as “Aadhaar Update/Correction” and mention any one address from below.
Addresses For sending Update Request by Post:
Post Box No. 10,
Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh – 480001, India
Post Box No. 99, Banjara Hills,
Hyderabad – 500034, India
- Post envelop via India Post, in few days you will receive confirmation SMS of update regarding your gender. This is how you can correct your gender in Aadhaar Card via Post.
- Don’t forget to mention your Aadhaar Number on all document copies.