Aadhar Number doesn’t get issued to you immediately after enrolling for Aadhar, it has a specific timeline of issuing Aadhar Number once you are enrolled for Aadhar.
First of all, to get Aadhar Card you will have to get yourself enrolled for Aadhar at the nearest enrolment center or Kendra. Below is the complete tutorial which will guide you to enroll for Aadhar.
Table of Contents
Steps to Enroll for Aadhar Card
- To enroll for Aadhar Card Download the Aadhar Enrollment Form by clicking here. You can also get the application form free of cost from the Aadhaar Seva Kendra.
- If you have downloaded the application form then you will need to print the Aadhar Enrollment Application form and fill in all the details asked in the form.
- Arrange the documents, there isn’t any need to take photocopies of it as you will need to carry the originals at the time of the enrolment. The original document will be scanned while the enrolment and returned back to you. To know the supported list of documents acceptable for Aadhar Enrolment click here.
- Once you are ready with a duly filled form and the original documents, just locate the nearest Aadhar Enrolment Center near your region by clicking here.
- Once you know the nearest Aadhar Enrolment Kendra, just visit the Aadhar Enrolment Kendra.
- Submit the documents with the form at the Enrolment Kendra, the concerned authority will enter the details in the Aadhar Software. You will have to make sure if the details are entered correctly by the authority.
- Next, your fingerprints, iris, and your picture will be captured.
- You will be provided Aadhaar Enrollment Acknowledgement Copy, you will have to keep this copy safely with you as you will need it to track the status of your Aadhar Card and also it can be used to download your e-Aadhar Card PDF Copy.
Once you get enrolled for Aadhaar, the next question comes in your mind is how many days to get Aadhar card after enrollment.
How Many Days it will take to Get Aadhar Card after Enrollment
Once you are enrolled for Aadhaar at Aadhaar Card Enrollment Center, it will take up to 90 days to get the Aadhaar Number issued to you.
And once you get Aadhaar number issued, you will be informed via SMS on your registered mobile number. However, in some cases, it could even take more time than estimated timelines. During this time your application undergoes through several checks and for that Enrolment Agency sends the data to UIDAI Data Centre. All data gets passed through various screening and validations in CIDR to ensure that the data is authenticated and no duplicate entry exists. In case if there is an error in data the application gets on hold or rejects in various scenarios like if there is a mismatch in the photograph, gender, or age, etc.
And once you have been issued Aadhaar Number it will take more 2 to 3 weeks to get Aadhar Card Letter printed and dispatched to your Address via India Post.
If you need your Aadhaar urgently then once you get issued with Aadhaar Number, you can download a digital copy of your Aadhaar instantly from UIDAI Portal.
However, you can always keep checking the status of your Aadhar Application by checking Aadhaar Status by clicking here.
FAQ’s on Aadhaar delivery
How many days it will take to get e-aadhaar card?
Once you get your Aadhaar number issued, you can download your e-Aadhaar Card straightaway. On issuance of Aadhar Number your Aadhaar digital copy will be stored online on UIDAI server.
What does “this enrollment is under process. please check again after a few days” mean?
This means your enrolment is still under process and it will take some more days or months to get it verified by UIDAI team.
Is there any way to get Aadhar card quickly?
Once enrolling for Aadhaar, rather then waiting you cannot do anything to get Aadhar Card quickly.