Aadhar Number doesn’t get issued to you immediately after enrolling for Aadhar, it has specific time line of issuing Aadhar Number once you are enrolled for Aadhar.
First of all to get Aadhar Card you will have to get yourself enrolled for Aadhar at nearest Enrolment Center or Kendra. Below is the complete tutorial which will guide you to enroll for Aadhar.
Steps to Enroll for Aadhar Card
- To enroll for Aadhar Card Download the Aadhar Enrollment Form by clicking here.
- Print the Aadhar Enrollment Application form and fill in all the details asked in the form.
- Arrange the documents and take out photocopies of it and self-attest on those photocopies. To know the supported list of documents acceptable for Aadhar Enrolment click here.
- Once you have the form ready filled and documents, just locate the nearest Aadhar Enrolment Center near your region by clicking here.
- Once you know the nearest Aadhar Enrolment Kendra, just visit the Aadhar Enrolment Kendra.
- Submit the documents with form at the Enrolment Kendra, the concerned authority will enter the details in the Aadhar Software. You will have to make sure if the details are entered correctly by the authority.
- Next your fingerprints, iris and photograph will be captured.
- You will be provided Aadhaar Enrollment Acknowledgement Copy, you will have to keep this copy safely with you as you will need it to track the status of your Aadhar Card and also it can be used to download your e-Aadhar Card PDF Copy.
How Many Days it will take to Get Aadhar Card after Enrollment
- Once you are enrolled for Aadhaar at Aadhaar Card Enrollment Center, it will take almost 2 to 3 weeks to get Aadhaar Number Issued to you and you will be informed via SMS on your registered mobile number. However in some cases it could even take more time then estimated timelines. During this time your application undergoes through several checks and for that Enrolment Agency sends the data to UIDAI Data Centre. All data gets passed through various screening and validations in CIDR to ensure that the data is authenticated and no duplicate entry exists. In case if there is any error in data the application gets on hold or reject in various scenario like if there is mismatch in photograph, gender, or age,etc.
- And once you have been issued Aadhaar Number it will take almost 2 to 3 months to get Aadhar Card Letter Dispatched to your Address via India Post.
- However you can always keep tracking the status of your Aadhar Application by checking Aadhaar Status by clicking here.