Aadhaar Card is a must document for every government purpose, and when it comes to a mentally handicapped person it is very essential to hold an Aadhaar Card.
A Mentally Handicapped Person can take benefits of various government schemes by showing Aadhaar Card, and it is now mandatory to provide Aadhaar Number to reduce the misuse of the schemes.
So today in this post we will explain how can a mentally handicapped person apply for Aadhar Card.
Process on How Can a Mentally Handicapped Person Apply for Aadhar Card
If you or any of your family member is mentally handicapped and wants to apply for Aadhaar Card then you can move ahead to get yourself or close ones registered for Aadhaar. There is no special Aadhar for mentally challenged, instead, the process of getting Aadhar for mentally challenged is almost the same.
Mentally Handicapped Person will be given first preference to get enrolled for Aadhaar, and there is also no need to stand in the queue even if there is a rush for the Aadhar Enrolment. The best way to avoid inconvenience by the mentally challenged person is, to book an appointment online for the enrolment well in advance.
If the mentally handicapped person has not taken an online appointment then they can directly meet the enrolment operator or enrolment verifier and ask them to enroll you for Aadhar Card. But before you visit Aadhar Center for enrollment, prepare all things at home well in advance. So below is the complete process which Mentally Handicapped Person will have to follow to get himself or herself enrolled for Aadhar Card.
- Download Aadhaar Enrolment Application Form by clicking here, and take a print out of it.
- Once you have a printout of the form, just fill in these details asked in the Aadhaar Application Form.
- With the form, you will have to enclose photocopies of self-attested Proof of ID, Proof of Address, and Proof of Birth documents. If you want to know the complete list of supporting documents required to apply for Aadhaar Card click here. In this way, you will save a lot of time which you will be spending otherwise at the Aadhar Enrolment Center.
- Once you have form and documents ready, just walk into the nearest Aadhaar Center.
- Submit the form with photocopies of the documents to the operator. The Operator will enter your details in the software, you will have to check it carefully (if anyone is with you ask them to check if he is entering the details correctly).
- Once details are entered your fingerprints, iris and photograph will be captured.
- The enrolment operator will hand over Aadhaar Enrolment Acknowledgement Receipt to you, you will have to keep this receipt safely with you. By this Receipt, you can also track the status of your Aadhaar Application.
- Now you can leave the Aadhaar Card Enrolment Center.
- Your Aadhaar Card will be delivered to your postal address in the next 2 to 3 months. But once you receive a message on your phone saying your Aadhaar Number is generated you can even download your e-Aadhaar Card Online and use it for various purposes.
This is how easily a Mentally Handicapped Person Apply for Aadhar Card. Mentally Handicapped Person will be carefully handled and will be given special provisions at Aadhar Enrolment Center by the Aadhaar Officials.