Most of the people has this intuition in their mind that a blind person can’t apply for Aadhaar Card. This is wrong intuition created by people, yes any resident of India Can Apply for Aadhaar Card whether he may be visually impaired.
Now you might have started thinking that Aadhaar Card needs biometric information of the resident like iris scan, so how a blind person’s iris are captured in Aadhaar Client Software?
For blind there is an option called exception in Aadhaar Client Software where when exception is marked on iris in software it will be proved that the resident is blind which means visually impaired. And also a full size photograph will be taken of that visually impaired person showing the disability of that blind person.
So now you know that blind people are also eligible to apply for Aadhaar Card, below to help you out we have mentioned procedure on How Can a Blind Person Apply for Aadhaar Card.
How Can a Blind Person Apply for Aadhaar Card
- To get enrolled for Aadhaar download Aadhaar Application form by clicking here, and get the form filled at home only. So that there will be no need to wait more at the Aadhaar Enrollment Center.
- With Aadhaar Application form enclose your supported documents, you can know the supported documents required for apply for Aadhaar by clicking here.
- Take photocopies of supported documents, self-attest on those photocopies and enclose it to your Aadhaar Application Form.
- Once you are ready with the form and documents ask anyone to drop you at nearest Aadhaar Card Kendra, you can find out nearest Aadhaar Card Kendra in your area by clicking here.
- Once you know the Aadhaar card Kendra Address, walk in to Aadhaar Card Enrollment Center.
- As you are visually impaired, directly meet the Aadhaar Operator or Verifier of the Center and tell him that you are visually impaired and you will be given first preference to enroll for Aadhaar.
- Submit the Application form with documents to the enrollment operator, the operator will enter your details in the software.
- If you relative or friend has gone with you than ask them to check if the Aadhaar Operator is entering your details correctly in software. If operator makes any mistakes while entering your details ask him to correct it right away.
- Once your details are entered into the software, your picture will be taken, and then your fingerprints will be captured.
- You iris scan will be marked as exception and you full size photograph will be taken showing the disability of the person.
- Once this is done you will be handed over with Aadhaar Acknowledgement Receipt.
- You will have to keep this Aadhaar Acknowledgement Receipt with you safely, your Aadhaar Card will be generated and delivered to you within 3 Months via post.
- Once your Aadhaar Number gets generated you will be also notified via SMS on your mobile, and then if you need you can also download your e-Aadhaar Card Copy Online.
This is how easily a blind person can get enrolled for Aadhaar.
If you have any queries do comment below, we will try you to help you in best possible manner.