Aadhaar is one of the
After getting enrolled for Aadhaar, to process your application and to get issued 12 digit Aadhaar Number it may take upto 1 – 3 months. However sometimes your Aadhaar Enrollment could get rejected showing data/ process error message. You can find out the status of your Aadhaar Enrolment Application from UIDAI Portal as well as if you had provided valid mobile number while registering for Aadhaar then your Aadhaar Enrolment Application status will also be notified via SMS.
So in case if you have received SMS or while checking the status of your Aadhaar Enrolment you are able to see “This enrollment has been rejected due to data/process error. If you do not already have an Aadhaar number from another enrolment, please visit an enrolment center.”
The above error message states that your Aadhaar Enrolment Application has been rejected and you will not be issued 12 digit Aadhaar Number on this application, however it will ask you to re-enroll yourself for Aadhaar again.
Behind this Aadhaar Enrolment rejection there are various reasons, and all the possible reasons which leads to this status we have mentioned it below.
Aadhaar Enrolment Rejected Due to Data/ Process Error Reasons
- Name not entered as per UIDAI Guidelines
- Photo captured in the update request is not matching with the photo on Aadhaar
- Age appears to be incorrect on the basis of a photo
- Relationship mismatch
- Photograph captured that of object/animal /Deity etc. in place of resident
- A blank page is scanned as POI/POA/POB/POR
- The resident details are not matching with the documents submitted as POI/POA/POR/POB
- The document scanned as part of enrolment is not legible/not readable.
- Document of another person attached.
- Only enrolment Slip or consent slip attached,
- No proof document
- No document attached,
- Only screenshot or random images attached.\Gender does not match the photo.
- Age appears to be incorrect on the basis of the photo (e.g.: age 5 for an adult photo)
- Full facial Photo is not clearly visible
- Multiple Photos – with different people in them.
- The photo has shadows/face not clear/ blurred”
- Name contains abusive words/slangs or unparliamentary language
- Name contains Initials only or abbreviations.
- Name contains any suffix/pre-fix in the name (like Late, Sir, Dr., Er.)
- Name with a nickname (like using Urf or two names (one name in bracket).
- Names with Special characters or Abstract/Unusual names.”
- Verify the address – it should be sufficient enough so that Aadhaar letter can be delivered to the resident.
- In the case of small villages, the village name should be sufficient but in the case of cities, House No./Landmark/locality/Area should have been given in addition to City and State name.”
- The photo should appear as taken live via webcam at the time of Enrolment; hence it should appear as a live photo of the resident. It should not appear as taken from (i) hard copy of photo (passport photo etc.) or (ii) photo on a monitor (iii) photo on a mobile device.
- Resident Photo should not have any edges.
- The photo should not contain stamp mark, reflections,
markof pin staple.”
- Enrolment details should not include any un-parliamentary/Offensive Language
- Document name mismatch
- Scanned Image Not of Original Document
- Demographic data mismatch (Document data
notmatch with entry data).
So in your Aadhaar Enrolment Application any of the above errors are made then you will possibly come across the status “This enrollment has been rejected due to data/process error. Please visit an enrollment center to re-enroll.”
Once you get this status while tracking your Aadhaar Application, there is no use in waiting for further updates regarding your application as your application has been rejected and it won’t process anymore further. So once you get to know about this status you should be prepared to get yourself re-enrolled for Aadhaar by visiting nearest Aadhaar Seva Kendra.
Below are the steps which you will need to follow to re-enroll for Aadhaar once getting status against your application Aadhaar Enrollment Rejected Due to Data/ Process Error.
What to Do When Aadhaar Enrollment Rejected Due to Data/ Process Error?
When you come across the status your Aadhaar Enrollment Rejected Due to Data/ Process Error, you will need to get yourself re-enrolled for Aadhaar by visiting nearby Aadhaar Seva Kendra.
But before that you should be careful that you don’t repeat the mistakes which you did in your earlier Aadhaar Enrolment Application. Before re-applying for Aadhaar make sure you read the above reasons for rejections and don’t repeat any of them in your new application.
Visit Aadhaar Seva Kendra, ask for Aadhaar Application Form.
Fill up the complete form with valid and correct details according to your address proof and identity proof documents.
Mention correct age or date of birth in your application, and also do mention your correct valid mobile number in the form.
Once you are done with filling up the form, you will need to show up your documents to the verifier at the Aadhaar Seva Kendra.
Your documents and application form will be verified by the verifier and you will be asked to move on to the operator.
Operator will take your form and fill up every details which you have mentioned in the form, you should cross check that the details which operator is entering is correct and he or she is not making any mistakes while entering it.
Your biometrics details like fingerprints, iris, and photoh will be captured.
If you are not ok with the clicked photograph then just request the operator to re-click your picture.
Once done you will be provided with Aadhaar Update Receipt which you will need to maintain with you, until your Aadhaar Enrolment Application gets processed and you get issued with 12 digit Aadhaar Number.
Your Aadhaar Application may be approved in next 1 – 3 months, and you will be notified from time to time via SMS on your registered mobile number. You can even track the status of your application by visiting UIDAI Portal.
That’s it this is how one can easily get re-enrolled for Aadhaar when his or her enrolment gets rejected due to data/ process error.