Aadhaar is 12 digit Unique Number issued to each and every resident of India, irrespective of his age, gender, caste, religion etc. As of now applying for Aadhar is voluntary, but after seeing it’s usage it seems living without Aadhar is impossible nowadays.
Aadhaar Card can use used as Proof of Address, Proof of Identity, and Proof of Date of Birth. A single Aadhaar Card can serve most of the purpose, and its authentication system via fingerprint and iris helps to detect Impersonate.
However people in India are still confused whether they can apply for Aadhar Card Online by visiting Official Aadhar Card Registration Link. Like how we apply for PAN Card Online, Aadhar has not released any program which allows to register for Aadhar by visiting official Aadhar Card Registration Link.
Instead in future also Online Registration for Aadhar will not be launched, as to register for Aadhar the person who wants to get enrolled for Aadhar should be physically present at Aadhar Kendra and his or her biometric details will be captured like fingerprint, iris and photograph. So Online Registration for Aadhar Card is almost impossible and there is no use in searching out for official Aadhar Card registration link.
But today in this guide I will guide you out how to get registered for Aadhaar Card in a simple and fastest way.
Steps on Registration for Aadhar – Official Aadhar Card Registration Link
- To register for Aadhar you will have to visit Aadhar Kendra in your area, you can find out nearest Aadhar Kendra in your location by clicking here.
- But before you visit Aadhar Kendra to make your Aadhar registration process download Aadhar Enrolment Form, take printout out and fill it at home itself. However you can get Aadhar Enrolment Form at Aadhar Kendra, but printing form and fill it out at home itself will save a lot time and speed up your Aadhaar Registration Process.
- Once you have filled the Aadhar Enrolment Form, just make documents ready. Below are the list of the documents which will require to register for Aadhar Card.
Supported Proof of Identity (PoI) documents:
Passport, PAN Card, Ration / PDS Photo Card, Voter ID, Driving License, Government Photo ID Cards/ Service Photo Identity Card issued by PSU, NREGS Job Card, Photo ID Issues by Recognized Educational Institution, Arms License, Photo Bank ATM Card, Photo Credit Card, Pensioner Photo Card, Freedom Fighter Photo Card, Kissan Photo Passbook, CGHS/ ECHS Photo Card, Address Card having Name and Photo issued by Department of Posts, Certificate of Identity having photo issued by Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead, Disability ID Card/handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State/UT, Affidavit executed on non-judicial stamp paper to be submitted by a woman applicant for name change after marriage (Join affidavit to be submitted along with her husband with joint photo), Marriage Certificate, Proof of Marriage document issued by the registrar, gazette notification, legal name change certificate.
Supported Proof of date of birth documents:
Birth Certificate, SSLC Book/ Certificate, Passport, Certificate of Date of Birth issued by Group A Gazetted Office on letterhead.
Supported Proof of Address (PoA) documents:
Passport, Bank Statement/ Passbook, Ration Card, Voter ID, Driving License, Government Photo ID Cards/ Service Photo Identity Card issued by PSU, Electricity Bill (not older than 3 months), Water Bill (not older than 3 months), Telephone Landline bill (not older than 3 months), Property Tax Receipt (not older than 3 months), Credit Card Statement (not older than 3 months), Insurance Policy, Signed Letter having Photo from Bank on letterhead, Signed letter having photo issued by registered company on letterhead, signed letter having photo issued by recognized educational instruction on letterhead, NREGS Job Card, Arms License, Pensioner Card, Freedom Fighter Card, Kissan Passbook, CGHS/ ECHS Card, Certificate of address having photo issued by MP or MLA or Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead, Certificate of address issued by village panchayat head or its equivalent authority (for rural areas), Income Tax Assessment Order, Vehicle Registration Certificate, Registered Sale/ Lease/ Rent Agreement, Address card having photo issued by departments of posts, caste and domicile certificate having photo issued by state govt., disability ID Card/ handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State/UT Governments/ Administrations, Gas Connection Bill (not older than 3 months), Passport Spouse, Passport of Parents (in case of minor).
- Just take copies of documents and self-attest on those copies.
- Just enclose the document copies to the Aadhar Enrolment Application Form and visit the Aadhar Kendra for Enrolment.
- Submit the form with document copies to the operator.
- The operator will feed in all details in the Aadhar Software.
- You have to ensure that all details entered by operator are correct, if he or she is making any mistakes just tell him to correct it.
- Once details are filled up your photograph will be captured followed by biometric details like all 10 fingerprints, and two iris.
- Once these details are captured you will be provided with Aadhar Enrolment Receipt.
- Your Aadhar Enrolment Receipt will contain your Aadhar Enrolment ID, you will have to keep this receipt safely with you.
- That’s it you have successfully registered for Aadhar Card. You will receive your Aadhar Card Letter in next 2 to 3 months, once your Aadhar Number is issued you will also receive SMS on your registered mobile number.