As per The Supreme Court of India Orders, it is no more mandatory for bank account holders to link their Aadhaar Number with their Bank Account. Also the mandatory requirement has also been removed of Aadhaar for opening new bank account, now any resident can provide identity proof and address proof document and get bank account opened without Aadhaar.
So after this Supreme Court Verdict if you are wishing or want to delink Aadhaar Number from your Bank Account for your privacy, then you have the right to do it. If you had linked your Aadhaar or provided Aadhaar while opening bank account then you can request the bank to remove or delink your Aadhaar details from your bank account.
As of now the process of unlinking Aadhaar from Bank Account is not available online, but you can submit delink Aadhaar Request by visiting the Branch. Below is the complete process with which you can get your Aadhaar delinked from your Bank Account. The process of delinking Aadhaar with Bank is same for all banks in India, so you can follow the same process to delink Aadhaar from all bank accounts which ever you hold.
Process on How to Delink Aadhaar Number from your Bank Account
As we earlier stated that Bank’s has still don’t have online method to delink Aadhaar Number from Bank Account. So to delink your Aadhaar from your Bank Account, you will need to follow the offline process, which needs effort to visit the branch with your bank account details.
- Visit your Bank Branch where you hold your bank account, with your Bank Account Details, Passbook and KYC Documents like PAN, Identity Proof and Address Proof.
- Request the Manager or Customer Executive at Bank to delink your Aadhaar Number from your Bank Account.
- The Manager or Customer Executive will provide you the form to delink Aadhaar Number from your Bank Account.
- Fill up form duly with all details, and enclose the documents which are being requested.
- Just submit the form to the bank manager or customer executive.
- Your Aadhaar Details will get delinked from your Bank Account within estimate time of 48 hours, and you will also receive confirmation SMS or email.
- For your satisfaction, you can also call on bank customer care number to confirm if your Aadhaar Details are completely delinked from your bank account.
That’s it, this is how one can easily delink their Aadhaar Details from their Bank Account.
The options to delink Aadhaar from Bank Account would be soon going live on respective bank net banking portal and mobile banking apps, through which you would be able to delink your Aadhaar in few clicks without visiting the branch.
However if you are availing gas subsidy then after delinking your Aadhaar from your bank account, you will need to again submit your bank account details to the respective gas agencies to receive uninterrupted subsidies.