In Aadhaar our demographic details are stored in the database in English which is primary language of your Aadhaar, but the same details are also stored in your local language.
If suppose you have moved to some other state and your local language is different from your previous state then you can get it changed to your current local language. For e.g. If you are living in Karnataka your local language will automatically detected as Kannada. Now if you move from Karnataka to Maharashtra and now you want change your local language to current state then you will have to follow this procedure to get it changed.
So this guide will help you to on How to Change Local Language in Aadhar Card.
Step by Step Process on How to Change Local Language in Aadhar Card Online
- To Update/ Change Local Language in Aadhar Card just visit Update Aadhaar Data by going https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update
- To update your Aadhar Local Language Online just click on first option Update Aadhaar Data.
- You will get navigated to Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal, from below option you will have to click on submit your update/ correction request online.
- From Next form you will have to enter your Aadhar Number, enter the images displayed in below text verification field and click on send otp button.
- You will receive One Time Password (OTP) on your registered mobile number, just enter that OTP in the below enter Received OTP Field and click on login button.
- On next page from select fields to update just select Address and click on submit button.
- On next page you will have to enter your new address and the local language will get changed automatically.
- Once you are done entering all the details correctly just click on submit update request.
- On next page you will be asked to review your details, if everything is correct just accept “I confirm that I have read the instructions carefully and the information provided by me to the UIDAI and the information contained herein is true, correct and accurate” and click on proceed button.
- On next page you will be asked to upload your scanned copy of document and click on submit button.
- From next page you will have to select BPO Service Provider, select any BPO Service provider which has good average request processing time and click on submit button.
- That’s it on next page your Update Request Number (URN) will be generated and same number you can use it to track status of your update in future.
This is how easily you can change local language in Aadhar Card Online.
Step by Step Process on How to Change Local Language in Aadhar Card via Post
- To Change Local Language in Aadhar Card via Post, first of all you will need to download the correction form by clicking here.
- Once you download the form, just take a printout and start filling up the form.
- From AADHAAR DATA UPDATE/CORRECTION FORM first option select field for Update/ Correction tick mark on Address.
- And fill up the entire form, don’t forget to enter your new address in address field and also fill details in new local language in right hand side of the column.
- Once filling the form completely from below field of the form document details mention the documents which you will be enclosing with the form and sign the form.
- You will have to enclose documents with the form and post it to below address. To know the supported list of documents click here.
Post Box No. 10,
Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh – 480001, India
Post Box No. 99, Banjara Hills,
Hyderabad – 500034, India
Your new address and local language will be updated in 2 to 3 weeks once they receive your form. This is how you can change local language in Aadhar Card via Post.