In Aadhaar our demographic details are stored in the database in English which is the primary language of your Aadhaar, but the same details are also stored in your local language.
If suppose you have moved to some other state and your local language is different from your previous state then you can get it changed to your current local language. For e.g. If you are living in Karnataka your local language will automatically detect as Kannada. Now if you move from Karnataka to Maharashtra and now you want to change your local language to the current state then you will have to follow this procedure to get it changed.
So this guide will help you to on How to Change Local Language in Aadhar Card. In the past, there were numerous ways through which Aadhaar holder could get their local language in their Aadhaar like through online mode, by sending a request via post and by visiting Aadhaar Seva Kendra.
But now the online mode and requesting an update in local language via post is permanently discontinued. So the only available mode to get the local language changed in Aadhaar is by visiting the Aadhaar Seva Kendra.
Table of Contents
Change your Local Language in Aadhaar by Aadhaar Seva Kendra
To update or change local language errors in your Aadhaar, you can book an appointment online for an update so that you don’t need to wait in the queue.
Visit the Aadhaar Seva Kendra on appointment day and request for an Aadhaar update application form, mention all your details in the correction form and quote your existing 12 digits Aadhaar Number
Depending on the details which you are updating, you will need to show your documents to the verifier
Once verifier verifies your documents and form, you will be asked to move to Aadhaar Operator desk
Your details will be entered into the software and local language will be translated accordingly, you can check if all details are entered correctly
Once done you will be asked to place your finger on the fingerprint scanner device for verification
Once verification is successfuly your Aadhaar Update Receipt will be printed and handed over to you
You will need to keep this Aadhaar Update Receipt with you until your request is successfully approved and updated in your Aadhaar
With the URN printed on Aadhaar Update Receipt, you can check the status of your request, however, you will be notified via text message on your phone.
This complete process could take up to 1 day to 3 weeks
Below two modes that are steps of updating local language online and by post is just for your reference and it doesn’t work anymore.
Step by Step Process on How to Change Local Language in Aadhar Card Online
- To Update/ Change Local Language in Aadhar Card just official Aadhaar website https://uidai.gov.in/
- From the UIDAI homepage just click on the option update your Aadhaar online
- To update your Aadhar Local Language Online just click on the first option Update Aadhaar Data.
- You will get navigated to Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal, from the below option you will have to click on submit your update/ correction request online.
- Next, you will have to enter your Aadhar Number, enter the images displayed in the below text verification field and click on the send OTP button.
- You will receive One Time Password (OTP) on your registered mobile number, just enter that OTP in the below enter Received OTP Field and click on login button.
- On the next page from select fields to update just select Address and click on the submit button.
- On the next page, you will have to enter your new address and the local language will get changed automatically.
- Once you are done entering all the details correctly just click on submit update request.
- On next page, you will be asked to review your details, if everything is correct just accept “I confirm that I have read the instructions carefully and the information provided by me to the UIDAI and the information contained herein is true, correct and accurate” and click on proceed button.
- On the next page, you will be asked to upload your scanned copy of the document and click on the submit button.
- From the next page you will have to select BPO Service Provider, select any BPO Service provider which has good average request processing time and click on the submit button.
- That’s it on the next page your Update Request Number (URN) will be generated and the same number you can use it to track the status of your update in the future.
This is how easily you can change the local language in Aadhar Card Online.
Step by Step Process on How to Change Local Language in Aadhar Card via Post
- To Change Local Language in Aadhar Card via Post, first of all, you will need to download the correction form by clicking here.
- Once you download the form, just take a printout and start filling up the form.
- From AADHAAR DATA UPDATE/CORRECTION FORM first option select field for Update/ Correction tick mark on Address.
- And fill up the entire form, don’t forget to enter your new address in the address field and also fill details in the new local language on the right-hand side of the column.
- Once filling the form completely from below field of the form document details mention the documents which you have enclosed with the form and sign the form.
- You will have to enclose documents with the form and post it to the below address. To know the supported list of documents click here.
Post Box No. 10,
Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh – 480001, India
Post Box No. 99, Banjara Hills,
Hyderabad – 500034, India
Your new address and local language will be updated in 2 to 3 weeks once they receive your form. This is how you can change the local language in Aadhar Card via Post.