Having an email address registered or linked with Aadhaar is very important as you can make use of various online Aadhaar Services. Also having email id linked with Aadhaar helps to receive notifications whenever any Aadhaar authentication is initiated, authentication is successful, etc.
If your existing email id which was linked with Aadhar Card has been suspended, blocked, deactivated, or if you don’t use it anymore or if you have forgotten the password then you can get the email id changed. Also if you have never linked your email id with Aadhaar then also you can use this same method to get the email added to your Aadhaar.
The email id registered with Aadhar Card can be easily updated by visiting the nearest Aadhaar Seva Kendra. Below is the complete guide which will help you to get your email id registered with your Aadhaar.
Table of Contents
Process to Update Email id Aadhaar Card by visiting Aadhaar Seva Kendra
To update your email address with Aadhaar there is no requirement of documents to be furnished. You need to carry your existing Aadhaar Card or Aadhaar Number with you at Aadhaar Seva Kendra to get the email address added.
You can directly visit the nearest Aadhaar Seva Kendra, or you can even book an appointment online so that you can skip the queue.
If you have booked an appointment then visit the Aadhaar Seva Kendra on the appointment date
Request for the Aadhaar Update Form at the ASK
Fill up your details asked in the form, and don’t forget to tick mark on email id as you want to update your email address in your Aadhaar
Once the form is filled, submit the form to the verifier of the ASK
The verifier will verify your details in the form and you will be requested to move on to operator desk
The operator will enter your details in the form and will ask you to place your fingers on fingerprint scanner device, your fingerprint will be captured and the verification will be done
Then you will be handed over with Aadhaar Update Receipt, which you will need to maintain until your email address gets updated in your Aadhaar
Your email address will be updated in your Aadhaar thin 1 day to 3 weeks, and once your details are updated successfully you will be notified via SMS
In past there used to be two more modes through which an Aadhaar holder could get their email address updated in their Aadhaar. But those two methods that are updating the email address in Aadhaar online and via post doesn’t work anymore, as those modes have been discontinued by UIDAI.
We know that these modes to update email address in Aadhaar don’t work anymore, but still for your reference we have kept the process to know how it used to work. So below are both processes mentioned on How to Update Email id in Aadhar Card. To change or update email id in Aadhar Card Online you should have your mobile number linked with Aadhar as you will be receiving OTP on your registered mobile number and once entering that OTP you can log in and update your email, if you already have number linked with Aadhaar then you can change it by following online process to update email id in Aadhar Card. And if you still don’t have a mobile number linked with Aadhaar or your mobile number is temporarily inactive or not reachable you can get the email id updated in Aadhaar Card via offline process i.e. via Post. If you want to link or update the registered mobile number with Aadhar then get to know the process to update it by clicking here.
How to Update Email id in Aadhar Card Online [discontinued]
- To update email id registered with Aadhaar, from your web browser visit Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal by going //ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update
- Once you are on the page Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal, just enter your 12 digits Aadhaar Number from below enter the captcha for text verification and click on Send OTP.
- You will receive One Time Password (OTP) on your mobile number, just enter the received (OTP) on your mobile number in enter received OTP field and click on the login button.
- Once you click on the login button you will be navigated to data update request, from data update request please select fields which you want to update/correct i.e. select email id field and click on submit button.
- On the next page, you will be asked to enter new email id and click on the submit update request button.
- On next page you will be asked to review the update request, once you review it from below option accept “I confirm that I have read the instructions carefully and the information provided by me to the UIDAI and the information contained herein is true, correct and accurate” and click on proceed button.
- Once you click on the proceed button you will get a message update request complete. Your update request has been successfully submitted, and your Update Request Number (URN) will be mentioned. You can print the acknowledgment of the update by clicking on a print button or you can even download the acknowledgement of update file for future reference. You can use the URN number to check the status of your update request.
Your email id will be updated in your Aadhaar Card in 15 to 20 days and you will receive SMS of the same. This is how you can easily Update Email id in Aadhar Card Online.
How to Update Email id in Aadhar Card via Post [discontinued]
- To update email id registered with Aadhaar via Post, download the correction form by clicking here.
- Once you download the Aadhar Data Update/Correction Form just take a printout and let’s start filling it, from the top option Field for Update/ Correction don’t forget to tick mark on email id as you want to update your email id.
- Next from the below field, you will have to enter your 12 digit Aadhar Number, then fill up your details like name, gender, address, pin code, mobile number, email, in block letters in both English and your regional local language. Make sure that you don’t make any mistakes while filling up the form.
- From the last option Document Details (Write Names of the documents attached. Refer Acceptable Valid documents) and enclose the document photocopies self-attest with your signature.
- Once you fill-up the form completely just review it once and place it in an envelope with photocopies of documents.
- On top of the envelope just mention “Aadhaar Update/” and mention anyone address from below.
Addresses For sending Update Request by Post:
Post Box No. 10,
Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh – 480001, India
Post Box No. 99, Banjara Hills,
Hyderabad – 500034, India
Post envelop via India Post, in few days you will receive confirmation SMS of update regarding your email id. This is how you can Update Email ID Registered with Aadhaar Card via Post.