If you’re existing email id which was linked with Aadhar Card has been suspended, blocked, deactivated, if you don’t use it anymore or if you have forgot password then you can get the email id changed. The email id registered with Aadhar Card can be easily updated online or via post.
So below are the both process mentioned on How to Update Email id in Aadhar Card. To change or update email id in Aadhar Card Online you should have your mobile number linked with Aadhar as you will be receiving OTP on your registered mobile number and once entering that OTP you can login and update your email, if you already have number linked with Aadhaar then you can change it by following online process to update email id in Aadhar Card. And if you still don’t have mobile number linked with Aadhaar or your mobile number is temporarily inactive or not reachable you can get the email id updated in Aadhaar Card via offline process i.e. via Post. If you want to link or update registered mobile number with Aadhar then get to know the process to update it by clicking here.
How to Update Email id in Aadhar Card Online
- To update email id registered with Aadhaar, from your web browser visit Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal by going https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update
- Once you are on the page Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal, just enter your 12 digit Aadhaar Number from below enter the captcha for text verification and click on Send OTP.
- You will receive One Time Password (OTP) on your mobile number, just enter the received (OTP) on your mobile number in enter received OTP field and click on login button.
- Once you click on login button you will be navigated to data update request, from data update request please select fields which you want to update/correct i.e. select email id field and click on submit button.
- On next page you will be asked to enter new email id and click on submit update request button.
- On next page you will be asked to review the update request, once you review it from below option accept “I confirm that I have read the instructions carefully and the information provided by me to the UIDAI and the information contained herein is true, correct and accurate” and click on proceed button.
- Once you click on proceed button you will get message update request complete. Your update request has been successfully submitted, and your Update Request Number (URN) will be mentioned. You can print the acknowledgement of update by clicking on print button or you can even download the acknowledgement of update file for future reference. You can use the URN number to check status of your update request.
Your email id with get updated with your Aadhaar Card in 15 to 20 days and you will receive SMS of the same. This is how you can easily Update Email id in Aadhar Card Online.
How to Update Email id in Aadhar Card via Post
- To update email id registered with Aadhaar via Post, download the correction form by clicking here.
- Once you download the Aadhar Data Update/Correction Form just take a printout and let’s start filling it, from the top option Field for Update/ Correction don’t forget to tick mark on email id as you want to update your email id.
- Next from the below field you will have to enter your 12 digit Aadhar Number, then fill up your details like name, gender, address, pin code, mobile number, email, in block letters in both English and your regional local language. Make sure that you don’t make any mistakes while filling up the form.
- From the last option Document Details (Write Names of the documents attached. Refer Acceptable Valid documents) and enclose the document photocopies self-attest with your signature.
- Once you fill up the form completely just review it once and place it in an envelope with photocopies of documents.
- On top of the envelope just mention “Aadhaar Update/” and mention any one address from below.
Addresses For sending Update Request by Post:
Post Box No. 10,
Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh – 480001, India
Post Box No. 99, Banjara Hills,
Hyderabad – 500034, India
Post envelop via India Post, in few days you will receive confirmation SMS of update regarding your email id. This is how you can Update Email ID Registered with Aadhaar Card via Post.