It is usual situation in India where after marriage a women’s surname and address gets changed, so if you have Aadhaar Card in old name i.e. before marriage than you can get it changed easily. You can easily get those old details like surname and address updated to new ones in your Aadhaar, but to make those changes there are several methods to get Aadhaar Card Name Changed after Marriage.
First of all to be able to get Aadhaar Card Name Changed after Marriage you should have valid documents available with you like your new name mentioned on husbands ration card, marriage certificate or any other government id proof or address proof. So below are the list of documents which you will need to get Aadhaar Card Name Changed after Marriage.
Supported Proof of Identity (PoI) documents Containing Name and Photo for Name Corrections:
Passport, PAN Card, Ration / PDS Photo Card, Voter ID, Driving License, Government Photo ID Cards/ Service Photo Identity Card issued by PSU, NREGS Job Card, Photo ID Issues by Recognized Educational Institution, Arms License, Photo Bank ATM Card, Photo Credit Card, Pensioner Photo Card, Freedom Fighter Photo Card, Kissan Photo Passbook, CGHS/ ECHS Photo Card, Address Card having Name and Photo issued by Department of Posts, Certificate of Identity having photo issued by Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead, Disability ID Card/handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State/UT, Affidavit executed on non-judicial stamp paper to be submitted by a woman applicant for name change after marriage (Join affidavit to be submitted along with her husband with joint photo), Marriage Certificate, Proof of Marriage document issued by the registrar, gazette notification, legal name change certificate.
Supported Proof of date of birth documents:
Birth Certificate, SSLC Book/ Certificate, Passport, Certificate of Date of Birth issued by Group A Gazetted Office on letterhead.
Supported Proof of Address (PoA) documents Containing Name and Photo for Name Corrections:
Passport, Bank Statement/ Passbook, Ration Card, Voter ID, Driving License, Government Photo ID Cards/ Service Photo Identity Card issued by PSU, Electricity Bill (not older than 3 months), Water Bill (not older than 3 months), Telephone Landline bill (not older than 3 months), Property Tax Receipt (not older than 3 months), Credit Card Statement (not older than 3 months), Insurance Policy, Signed Letter having Photo from Bank on letterhead, Signed letter having photo issued by registered company on letterhead, signed letter having photo issued by recognized educational instruction on letterhead, NREGS Job Card, Arms License, Pensioner Card, Freedom Fighter Card, Kissan Passbook, CGHS/ ECHS Card, Certificate of address having photo issued by MP or MLA or Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead, Certificate of address issued by village panchayat head or its equivalent authority (for rural areas), Income Tax Assessment Order, Vehicle Registration Certificate, Registered Sale/ Lease/ Rent Agreement, Address card having photo issued by departments of posts, caste and domicile certificate having photo issued by state govt., disability ID Card/ handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State/UT Governments/ Administrations, Gas Connection Bill (not older than 3 months), Passport Spouse, Passport of Parents (in case of minor).
If you have any of these above documents available with you than you can proceed to get Aadhaar Card Name Changed after Marriage. We have mentioned all three methods with which you can get your name changed after marriage, with whichever method you are comfortable you can opt for that method.
Procedure on How to Get Aadhaar Card Name Changed After Marriage Online
To get Aadhaar Card Name Changed after Marriage Online you should make sure that your registered mobile number with Aadhaar is active and available with you. As the registered number will be needed to receive OTP to make changes to your Aadhaar.
To Update your details Online you should keep your supported self-attested documents ready scanned on PC or Laptop , your request requires upload of valid and self-attested document proof (maximum size 2MB and supported file types: jpg, pdf, tiff, jpeg, png)
- From your web browser visit Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal by going to https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update
- On the very first page you will have to enter your 12 digit Aadhaar Number in enter your Aadhaar Number field.
- Once you enter your Aadhaar Number from below image solve the Text Verification and click on Send OTP button.
- You will receive one time password i.e. OTP on your registered Aadhaar Mobile Number, enter that received OTP in enter received OTP field and click on login button.
- On next page you will have to select the details which you want to update in your Aadhaar, as here you need to change your name, address and you want to enter husbands name in W/O field than select these both fields and click on submit button.
- On next screen you will have to enter the details which you has opted to update, like your full new name, Wife of (W/O) here enter your husband’s name and then fill up your new address.
- Once these details are filled make sure to check that in your local language your details are translated properly, if yes then you can proceed or else make the changes in local language by entering it correctly.
- Once these details are entered just click on submit update request.
- On next page you will be asked to upload the supported documents like Address Proof and Id Proof, attach the documents and upload it.
- Once the documents are uploaded successfully, just click on submit button.
- On next page you will have to select BPO Service Provider and request the submitting. Select any BRP from the available option which has completed good numbers of requested completed and click on submit button.
- On next page you will receive message saying your update request complete and it will also mention URN (Update Request Number). This Number will help you to track the status of your update request on future, so note down this number carefully and keep it safe with you or else you can even download the URN file or take a print out for future reference.
- Once you details gets processed successfully you will be informed via SMS, this will usually take one to two months. And once your details are updated to print and deliver your Aadhaar Card Letter it will take another 2 to 3 weeks.
But if you are in hurry, once your Aadhaar Card Update Request Successfully gets processed, you can download the updated e-Aadhaar Card Copy Online.
This is how easily you can get your details updated in Aadhaar Card after marriage.
Procedure on How to Get Aadhaar Card Name Changed After Marriage Offline via Post
- To get Aadhaar Card Name Changed After Marriage just download aadhar card name change after marriage form pdf by clicking here.
- Once you download the aadhar card name change after marriage form pdf, just take a print out and start filling up the form carefully.
- Select the fields from the form which you want to update, in this case we want to update name and address so tick mark on name and address.
- Than in below Aadhaar Number field, enter your 12-digit Aadhaar Number, and in below fields fill up your full new name, select gender, date of birth, enter address (select W/O and enter your husband’s name), and in below field complete your full address, mobile number, and email id.
- In below Document Details (Write Names of the documents attached. Sign off the form and enclose the self-attested photocopies of supported documents.
- Place the form and documents in an envelope and post it to below address.
Post Box No. 10, Chhindwara,
Madhya Pradesh – 480001, India
Post Box No. 99, Banjara Hills,
Hyderabad – 500034, India
- Once your form gets delivered to UIDAI Office, it will take more 1 to 2 weeks to get your update request processed and same you will be informed via SMS. And once it gets processed you can download your updated e-Aadhaar Card Copy Online also you will get your Aadhaar Card Letter via Post in next one to two months.
Procedure on How to Get Aadhaar Card Name Changed After Marriage Offline via Enrolment Center
- To change your Aadhaar Card Name After Marriage just download the aadhar card name change after marriage form by clicking here, by the way you can also get this form from Aadhaar Enrolment Center. But if you want to save your time it will be better you download the form at home, take a print out and fill it.
- Once you download the form, take a print out and fill the form correctly. Select the details which you want to update and write all the details including your new name, you husbands name by select W/O and write the new address.
- Once you complete the form, just enclose the photocopies of the supported documents and self-attest on those documents.
- Walk in to nearest Aadhaar Enrolment Center and submit your form. The operator will feed all your details which you will have to check carefully if he is entering the data correctly.
- Once done your fingerprints will be captured for confirmation and you will be provided with Aadhaar Enrollment Correction Receipt which will also mention the URN Number, with which you can track the status of your update request.
- Once your update request gets processed you will be intimated via SMS, it will mostly take 1 to 2 months. Once you receive data updated successfully you can download your Updated eAadhaar Card Copy Online. And you will also receive your Aadhaar letter in next two to three weeks on your postal address.
This is how you can easily get your Aadhaar Details Updated After getting married.