If your date of birth is wrong in Aadhar Card then it can create several problems when you provide your Aadhar Card as document for various purpose. Suppose if you have noticed that your Date of Birth in Aadhar is wrong then you can submit request to update it. So how the process works to Correct Date of Birth in Aadhar Card you can know it by following procedure to Correct Date of Birth in Aadhar Card.
There are several methods to get date of birth corrected on your Aadhaar Card, so in this post we will mention all the methods on How to Correct Date of Birth in Aadhar Card.
Step by Step Process on How to Correct Date of Birth in Aadhar Card Online
With Online process you can easily update or correct your date of birth in Aadhaar Card at your comfort of your home. But for this online process your mobile number should be linked to your Aadhaar Card to get OTP on your registered mobile number.
- To update date of birth in Aadhaar, from your web browser visit Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal by going to https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update
- Once you are on the page Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal, just enter your 12 digit Aadhaar Number from below enter the captcha for text verification and click on Send OTP.
- You will receive OTP on your registered mobile number, just enter the received (OTP) on your mobile number in enter received OTP field and click on login button.
- Once you click on login button you will be navigated to data update request, from data update request please select fields which you want to update/correct i.e. select date of birth (DOB) field and click on submit button.
- On next page you will be asked to enter date of birth and click on submit update request button.
- On next page you will be asked to review the update request, once you review it from below option accept “I confirm that I have read the instructions carefully and the information provided by me to the UIDAI and the information contained herein is true, correct and accurate” and click on proceed button.
- Next you will be asked to upload document, in this case you want to update your date of birth you will have to upload scanned color copy of your DOB Documents in .jpg, .pdf, .tiff, .jpeg, or .png, formats but maximum size of the document should not exceed 2 MB, to know the list of documents accepted to update Aadhaar Card click here.
- Once you upload the DOB document on next step you will have to select BPO Service Provider, select any BPO Service provider which has good average request processing time and click on submit button.
- Once you click on proceed button you will get message update request complete. Your update request has been successfully submitted, and your Update Request Number (URN) will be mentioned. You can print the acknowledgement of update by clicking on print button or you can even download the acknowledgement of update file for future reference. You can use the URN number to check status of your update request.
- Your Date of Birth will get updated in 15 to 20 days and you will receive SMS of the same. This is how you can easily correct your Date of Birth in your Aadhaar Card.
Step by Step Process on How to Correct Date of Birth in Aadhar Card via Post
- To update date of birth with Aadhaar via Post, download the correction form by clicking here.
- Once you download the Aadhar Data Update/Correction Form just take a printout and let’s start filling it, from the top option Field for Update/ Correction don’t forget to tick mark on Date of Birth as you want to correct your date of birth.
- Next from the below field you will have to enter your 12 digit Aadhar Number, then fill up your details like name, gender, address, pin code, mobile number, email, in block letters in both English and your regional local language. Fill in the complete Aadhaar Data Update/Correction Form and sign off. Make sure that you don’t make any mistakes while filling up the form.
- From the last option Document Details (Write Names of the documents attached. Refer Acceptable Valid documents) and enclose the document photocopies self-attest with your signature.
- Once you fill up the form completely just review it once and place it in an envelope with photocopies of documents.
- On top Mark the envelope as “Aadhaar Update/Correction” and mention any one address from below.
Addresses For sending Update Request by Post:
Post Box No. 10,
Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh – 480001, India
Post Box No. 99, Banjara Hills,
Hyderabad – 500034, India
- Review the data entered for correctness and completeness in English as well as local language. UIDAI will not make any corrections to the information in your request.
- Post envelop via India Post, in few days you will receive confirmation SMS of update regarding your email id. This is how you can Update Email ID Registered with Aadhaar Card via Post.
- Don’t forget to mention your Aadhaar Number on all document copies.
Step by Step Process on How to Correct Date of Birth in Aadhar Card by visiting Aadhaar Card Enrolment Centre
- Download AADHAAR DATA UPDATE/CORRECTION FORM by clicking here.
- Once you download the application form, just take a print out.
- Once taking printout of the form, start filling up the form.
- From first option Field Update/ Correction tick mark on DOB as you want to correct your DOB mentioned in Aadhar Card.
- Next enter your 12 digit Aadhar Number, and then fill in the details like name, gender, date of birth, address, mobile number, email id, in block letters. Don’t forget to fill the details in local language in the right hand side column of the form.
- At bottom of the form mention the Documents like POI, POA and DOB which you will enclose, and sign below. Depending on the field to be updated, attach self-signed supporting documents as per the Valid Documents List, as you are updating DOB you will have to enclose photocopy of your Date of Birth.
- Review the form if filled correctly and once done, just enclose the photocopies of supported documents self-attested.
- To update your Date of Birth in Aadhar Card you will have to visit nearest Aadhaar Card Enrolment Centre with AADHAAR DATA UPDATE/CORRECTION FORM and documents.
- Just submit the form with documents to the Aadhaar Enrollment Operator, the Enrolment Operator will start filling up the details you will have to check if the operator is filling it correctly.
- Once your data is entered your biometric data will be captured for verification.
- Once this process is completed you will soon receive confirmation SMS on your mobile number about Aadhar Update Request within 72 hours.
This is how you can easily update your Date of Birth in Aadhaar Card.