The Government of India has made mandatory to link Aadhaar Number with PAN Card. And for the new applicants of PAN Card quoting 12 digit Aadhaar Number or Enrolment Number is necessary. So if you are guessing whether your Aadhaar Number is linked with PAN Card or not then there is a way to find out or make an inquiry to check if Aadhaar is linked with PAN Card.
Below is the full tutorial which will guide you on how to check if Aadhaar is linked with PAN Card.
Step by Step Guide on How to check if Aadhaar is linked with PAN Card
- To check if your Aadhaar Number is attached with PAN Card just visit the Income Tax India e-Filing portal by clicking here.
- Once you are on the Link Aadhaar Home page of Income Tax India e-Filing page, just fill out the fields like your PAN Number, Aadhaar Number, Name as per Aadhaar, if in your Aadhaar only year of birth is mentioned then click on “I have only year of birth in Aadhaar Card”, solve the captcha code and click on Link Aadhaar button.
- If your PAN is already linked with Aadhaar Card then you will get an on-screen message saying “Your PAN already linked to the given Aadhaar Number”.
This is how easily you can find out whether your Aadhaar is linked with PAN Card (Permanent Account Number).
- Alternatively, if you are filing your ITR and have registered an account on the incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in portal, just login into your account by entering your PAN Card Number, Date of Birth, Password, and captcha.
- Go to Profile Settings and click on Link Aadhaar.
- If your Aadhaar Number is linked with your PAN Card then it will display your Aadhaar Number.
If for some reason you can’t check online if Aadhaar is linked with PAN Card then you can also check it by sending an SMS. Below is the SMS which you will have to compose from your registered mobile number to check if Aadhaar is linked with your PAN Card Number.
Type UIDPAN<SPACE><12 digit Aadhaar><Space><10 digit PAN> and send it to 567678 or 56161
If your PAN was already linked to your Aadhaar Number then you will receive a reply saying “Dear Applicant, your Aadhaar 123456789123 is already linked with your PAN CP123456 as per Income Tax records. You need not request again unless there is a change. We thank you for using our services. Regards, UTIITSL/ NSDL.”