Newly Married Women’s face many problems in documentation like while furnishing ID Proof and Address Proof with new name and address. But if you hold Aadhaar Card in your old existing name and old address then how to get it changed to new ones, we will be going to explain to you in this post.
Once you get your details changed in your Aadhaar Card, you can easily provide your Aadhaar Card wherever new Identity and Address Proof is asked to furnish.
First of all lets us know which all documents you will need to get your Aadhaar Details Changed after marriage.
Table of Contents
Documents Required to Change Aadhaar Details
Supported Proof of Identity (PoI) documents Containing Name and Photo it may contain your old name which was before marriage
Passport, PAN Card, Ration / PDS Photo Card, Voter ID, Driving License, Government Photo ID Cards/ Service Photo Identity Card issued by PSU, NREGS Job Card, Photo ID Issues by Recognized Educational Institution, Arms License, Photo Bank ATM Card, Photo Credit Card, Pensioner Photo Card, Freedom Fighter Photo Card, Kissan Photo Passbook, CGHS/ ECHS Photo Card, Address Card having Name and Photo issued by Department of Posts, Certificate of Identity having photo issued by Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead, Disability ID Card/handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State/UT, Affidavit executed on non-judicial stamp paper to be submitted by a woman applicant for name change after marriage (Join affidavit to be submitted along with her husband with joint photo), Marriage Certificate, Proof of Marriage document issued by the registrar, gazette notification, legal name change certificate.
Supported Proof of Address (PoA) documents containing your Husband’s Name or on your Name:
Passport, Bank Statement/ Passbook, Ration Card, Voter ID, Driving License, Government Photo ID Cards/ Service Photo Identity Card issued by PSU, Electricity Bill (not older than 3 months), Water Bill (not older than 3 months), Telephone Landline bill (not older than 3 months), Property Tax Receipt (not older than 3 months), Credit Card Statement (not older than 3 months), Insurance Policy, Signed Letter having Photo from Bank on letterhead, Signed letter having photo issued by registered company on letterhead, signed letter having photo issued by recognized educational instruction on letterhead, NREGS Job Card, Arms License, Pensioner Card, Freedom Fighter Card, Kissan Passbook, CGHS/ ECHS Card, Certificate of address having photo issued by MP or MLA or Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead, Certificate of address issued by village panchayat head or its equivalent authority (for rural areas), Income Tax Assessment Order, Vehicle Registration Certificate, Registered Sale/ Lease/ Rent Agreement, Address card having photo issued by departments of posts, caste and domicile certificate having photo issued by state govt., disability ID Card/ handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State/UT Governments/ Administrations, Gas Connection Bill (not older than 3 months), Passport Spouse, Passport of Parents (in case of minor).
In addition to these documents to prove that you are married you will need your marriage certificate to update your details in Aadhaar Card.
If you have each documents ready from above category then you can proceed further to change your Aadhaar Details after Marriage.
Steps on How Newly Married Women Can Change their Aadhaar Details
- To change your Name and Address in your Aadhaar after marriage, make sure you have arranged above listed documents which is ID Proof (which may contain your old name which was before marriage), Address Proof (it many contain your name or your husband’s name) and your marriage certificate.
- Take photocopy of the documents and your old Aadhaar, self-attest on those document photocopies.
- Walk into nearest Aadhaar Center in your location, if you are unaware about nearest Aadhaar Center then you can locate it by clicking here.
- Visit the Aadhaar Center with Original Documents, Aadhaar and Photocopies which you have self-attested.
- Request for Aadhaar Update or Correction Form from the center.
- Fill in all details asked in the form, make sure you have entered the new details which you want to change which is new name which is after your marriage and address.
- Don’t forget to mention your mobile number and email id in the form.
- You will have to submit the form along with photocopies of the documents to the operator.
- If operator asks for original documents for verification, then you will have to provide it to verify and remind to take it back after purpose is fulfilled or before leaving the center.
- Operator will feed in all new details in Aadhaar Software, then for verification your fingerprints will be captured.
- Once successful authentication of biometrics you will be provided with Aadhaar Update Receipt.
- You will have to keep this Aadhaar Update Receipt safely with you until you receive your Updated Aadhaar Card or till your Aadhar gets updated.
- All your existing details will be over-Written by new details which you have submitted upon verification of documents provided.
- Your update request will be processed by next 1- 2 months and regarding same you will be notified via SMS from time to time.
That’s it this is how Newly Married Women Can Change their Aadhaar Details mostly name and address.