Is your Father’s Name missing in your Aadhar Card? Then you have come at the correct place, we will guide you here on How to Add Father Name in Aadhar Card if it is found missing in your Aadhar Card.
Most of the people have come across with this problem where while enrolling for Aadhar Card they had provided their Father’s Name and it was also present in their Aadhar Card Acknowledgment Receipt, but once they had received their Aadhar Card Letter their Father’s Name was missing on it even it was found missing in their e-Aadhaar Card which they downloaded from UIDAI Portal. So how to deal with this problem when your father name not showing in Aadhar Card, we have specially arranged a guide on how to add father’s name in Aadhar Card.
Table of Contents
UPDATE: UIDAI has recently standardized S/O, D/O, W/O to C/O, so filling this field is optional but still if you want to enter your father’s name or husband’s name then you can enter it by selecting c/o option.
Steps to Add Father Name in Aadhar Card when Father Name Missing in Aadhar Card
There are several ways of adding father name in Aadhar Card and we will mention all those methods here, but one of the simplest and instant methods to Add Father Name in Aadhar Card is the Online Method. But to avail Online Correction or Update of Aadhar your mobile number should be registered with your Aadhar.
Those who are not familiar with this online process can follow any of the rest two methods which are, adding Father Name in Aadhar Card via Post or Add Father Name in Aadhar Card via Aadhar Enrolment Center.
Add Father Name in Aadhar Card Online if Father Name missing in Aadhar Card
- If you fathers name is found missing in your Aadhar Card then from your browser visit Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal by going to //ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update
- Just enter your 12 digits UID Number i.e. your Aadhar Number in enter your Aadhar Number Field, solve the below captcha and click on send OTP.
- You will receive One Time Password on your registered mobile number if you are not receiving the OTP just refer our article Aadhaar Card One Time Password [OTP] Not Received on Mobile Number or else you can even try TOTP (Time-based One-Time Password) Generation in mAadhaar App.
- Just enter the one-time password in the enter OTP field and click on the login button.
- From the next page just click on the Address field to be corrected as the father’s name field will come under that category.
- On the next page just select S/O or D/O and enter your Father Name, then enter your complete address and submit the details.
- Next you will have to submit POA Documents containing your Father’s Name on it, just take a photocopy of the document, self-attest on it, then scan it and upload it and submit it. To know the supported document click here.
- On the next page just select any BPO Provider which is doing good and click on the submit button.
- On the next screen, a message will be displayed saying your update request has been successfully submitted and your URN is so and so.
- To get the new details updated i.e. Fathers Name Updated in your database it will take 2 to 3 weeks and you will be informed via SMS once it gets updated.
- You can even check the update status by using your URN.
That’s it this is how anyone can Add Father Name in Aadhar Card if it is found missing.
Add Father Name in Aadhar Card through Registered Post if father name not showing in Aadhar card
- If you want to Add Father Name in Aadhar Card through Registered Post, then you will have to download Aadhar Update or Correction Form by clicking here.
- Just take a printout of the Aadhar Update/ Correction Form, and fill in the details.
- Don’t forget to select that you want to correct or update Father’s Name and mention your father’s name correctly.
- Once filling up the form correctly, just arrange the supporting documents. You can know the supported documents accepted for Aadhar Update by clicking here.
- Take a photocopy of the documents and self-attest on it.
- Just place the form and photocopy of the documents in an envelope and post it to via registered post to the below address.
Post Box No. 10, Chhindwara,
Madhya Pradesh – 480001, India
Post Box No. 99, Banjara Hills,
Hyderabad – 500034, India
Once your post gets delivered it will take almost 2 to 3 weeks to update your details in your database.
Add Father Name in Aadhar Card through Aadhar Kendra if Father Name missing in Aadhar Card
- To Add Father Name in Aadhar Card through Aadhar Kendra you will have to visit the nearest Aadhar Kendra, you can locate nearest Aadhar Kendra by clicking here.
- Once you have the Aadhar Kendra Address, just visit the Kendra with a supported document photocopy. You can know the supporting documents by clicking here.
- Just ask Aadhar Update/ Correction Form from Kendra and fill in your details in the form, don’t forget to mark that you want to update your Father’s Name and also do mention fathers name correctly.
- Jus sign-off on the form, and self-attest on photocopies of the documents.
- Submit the form and document photocopies to the operator.
- The Operator will enter in all the details, make sure of he is typing all your details correctly.
- Next for verification, your fingerprint will be captured and you will be handed over with Aadhar Update Receipt.
- Your Father’s Name will be updated in your Aadhaar Database by 2 to 3 weeks.
That’s it this is how easily you can Add Father Name in Aadhar Card if it is found missing.
Is Father Name mandatory in Aadhaar Card?
It is not mandatory to provide Father’s Name in Aadhaar. If you don’t wish to mention your Father’s Name in Aadhaar Card in C/O field then you can leave it blank.
Arun kumarBasu says
My Aadhaar no. west Bengal paschim midnapur pin.721101 my father name Naresh Chandra Basu is missing in Aadhaar card please include my father name
Sahil Kaushik says
why we can’t use PAN CARD as proof of addition of father name in aadhar card
Because it detects as a address change in online portal, so in this case if you have only PAN document and not any address proof document than i request you to visit nearest Aadhaar Kendra to make the necessary changes.
Sai Gopinath says
In my aadhar card, my father’s name is printed at backside at address as S/O xxx. Is it compulsory to be printed at front side as Father’s name : xxx below my name.
No problem. every updated card is like that.
Amit Kumar says
now a day, UIDAI has change the policy You will get on C/O option while entering the address details, S/o and d/o has been removed.
Yes what you say is absolutely correct, but if you don’t want to put C/O then you can just skip it.
Dear sir , please advise me that in address coloum option is c/o instead of S/O than , is there any problem in future … For example my son Krishna Sharma ‘s adhar card first missed my name again I applied on line than mentioned in address coloum c/o my name (Dinesh Sharma) .. please advise what to do
UIDAI has recently made changes which is the S/O, D/O, W/O, filed has been replaced with C/O, so what you can do is enter father’s name in C/O field. There won’t be any issues.
Vicky Kumar Sharma says
recently i updated my aadhar via Post office aadhar update service, because my old aadhar only had my year of birth not my whole DoB. After update they removed my Father’s name (which was printed below my name on front page).
Now i have put an online update request For Address with C/o “Father’s Name”.
i wanted to ask if it”ll be valid or not. Please respond.
UIDAI has recently standardized S/O, D/O, W/O to C/O. So in case if you want to update your fathers name in Aadhaar then you can do it by selecting c/o field.
Recently i updated my address online.. after updattion my Father’s name is missing at the front side of addhar card…while my name is printed twice in place of my fathers name! What do i do now? I only changed my address and nothing else then while is it showing like this??
As you said you had updated your address online, the relation and the relative’s name is a part of address field in Aadhaar. This was earlier mentioned aa S/o D/o or W/o. But now it has been standardized to C/o. Filling this is optional. You can update the address in your Aadhaar and choose to give your father’s name on the C/o field or even leave it blank like you have done it now.
We have now standardized it to C/o.
Vaibhav Gandhi says
Hello my query is that my father name is missing on my adhaar card front or back side i understand all your steps but can u tell me poa documents of my father or mine poa documents and can college id card be used? Please reply
Hello Vaibhav Gandhi,
If you have POA documents on your name then you can furnish those documents, or else you can even furnish your POA documents like Ration Card.
Vaibhav Gandhi says
I have not any poa documents which includes my father name even my voter id card has my mothers name but includes my address what i can do in this situation ?
Samir Roy says
I know that UIDAI has changed S/O D/O etc. to only C/O and it is now optional.
I have searched internet and UIDAI website but could not find the exact date from
which this change came into force e.g. 01-12-2018 or 01-01-2019 or 01-02-2019.
I would deem it a favour if the exact date of this instruction of UIDAI came into force is made available to me and also the related Circular Number of UIDAI.
With Thanks and regards,
i want to add my fathers name in address and don’t want to change the address. what document should i need to attached.