Is your Father’s Name missing in your Aadhar Card? Then you have come at the correct place, we will guide you here on How to Add Father Name in Aadhar Card if it is found missing in your Aadhar Card.
Most of the people have come across with this problem where while enrolling for Aadhar Card they had provided their Father’s Name and it was also present in their Aadhar Card Acknowledgment Receipt, but once they had received their Aadhar Card Letter their Father’s Name was missing on it even it was found missing in their e-Aadhaar Card which they downloaded from UIDAI Portal. So how to deal with this problem when your father name not showing in Aadhar Card, we have specially arranged a guide on how to add father’s name in Aadhar Card.
Table of Contents
UPDATE: UIDAI has recently standardized S/O, D/O, W/O to C/O, so filling this field is optional but still if you want to enter your father’s name or husband’s name then you can enter it by selecting c/o option.
Steps to Add Father Name in Aadhar Card when Father Name Missing in Aadhar Card
There are several ways of adding father name in Aadhar Card and we will mention all those methods here, but one of the simplest and instant methods to Add Father Name in Aadhar Card is the Online Method. But to avail Online Correction or Update of Aadhar your mobile number should be registered with your Aadhar.
Those who are not familiar with this online process can follow any of the rest two methods which are, adding Father Name in Aadhar Card via Post or Add Father Name in Aadhar Card via Aadhar Enrolment Center.
Add Father Name in Aadhar Card Online if Father Name missing in Aadhar Card
- If you fathers name is found missing in your Aadhar Card then from your browser visit Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal by going to //ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update
- Just enter your 12 digits UID Number i.e. your Aadhar Number in enter your Aadhar Number Field, solve the below captcha and click on send OTP.
- You will receive One Time Password on your registered mobile number if you are not receiving the OTP just refer our article Aadhaar Card One Time Password [OTP] Not Received on Mobile Number or else you can even try TOTP (Time-based One-Time Password) Generation in mAadhaar App.
- Just enter the one-time password in the enter OTP field and click on the login button.
- From the next page just click on the Address field to be corrected as the father’s name field will come under that category.
- On the next page just select S/O or D/O and enter your Father Name, then enter your complete address and submit the details.
- Next you will have to submit POA Documents containing your Father’s Name on it, just take a photocopy of the document, self-attest on it, then scan it and upload it and submit it. To know the supported document click here.
- On the next page just select any BPO Provider which is doing good and click on the submit button.
- On the next screen, a message will be displayed saying your update request has been successfully submitted and your URN is so and so.
- To get the new details updated i.e. Fathers Name Updated in your database it will take 2 to 3 weeks and you will be informed via SMS once it gets updated.
- You can even check the update status by using your URN.
That’s it this is how anyone can Add Father Name in Aadhar Card if it is found missing.
Add Father Name in Aadhar Card through Registered Post if father name not showing in Aadhar card
- If you want to Add Father Name in Aadhar Card through Registered Post, then you will have to download Aadhar Update or Correction Form by clicking here.
- Just take a printout of the Aadhar Update/ Correction Form, and fill in the details.
- Don’t forget to select that you want to correct or update Father’s Name and mention your father’s name correctly.
- Once filling up the form correctly, just arrange the supporting documents. You can know the supported documents accepted for Aadhar Update by clicking here.
- Take a photocopy of the documents and self-attest on it.
- Just place the form and photocopy of the documents in an envelope and post it to via registered post to the below address.
Post Box No. 10, Chhindwara,
Madhya Pradesh – 480001, India
Post Box No. 99, Banjara Hills,
Hyderabad – 500034, India
Once your post gets delivered it will take almost 2 to 3 weeks to update your details in your database.
Add Father Name in Aadhar Card through Aadhar Kendra if Father Name missing in Aadhar Card
- To Add Father Name in Aadhar Card through Aadhar Kendra you will have to visit the nearest Aadhar Kendra, you can locate nearest Aadhar Kendra by clicking here.
- Once you have the Aadhar Kendra Address, just visit the Kendra with a supported document photocopy. You can know the supporting documents by clicking here.
- Just ask Aadhar Update/ Correction Form from Kendra and fill in your details in the form, don’t forget to mark that you want to update your Father’s Name and also do mention fathers name correctly.
- Jus sign-off on the form, and self-attest on photocopies of the documents.
- Submit the form and document photocopies to the operator.
- The Operator will enter in all the details, make sure of he is typing all your details correctly.
- Next for verification, your fingerprint will be captured and you will be handed over with Aadhar Update Receipt.
- Your Father’s Name will be updated in your Aadhaar Database by 2 to 3 weeks.
That’s it this is how easily you can Add Father Name in Aadhar Card if it is found missing.