If your mobile number which is linked with Aadhaar Card is lost or does not exist, it is better to get it updated as soon as possible. As having active mobile number registered with Aadhaar Card will allow you to download Aadhaar Card Online, Receive OTP for authentication or verification, update Aadhaar Card Online, Link Aadhaar Card with PAN Online, Link Aadhaar Card with Bank Account Online etc.
So today in this guide I will introduce you on what to do when the Mobile Number Linked with Aadhaar is Lost or does not exist.
If your mobile number which is linked with Aadhaar is lost or does not exist, the only solution left is to update your mobile number. So how to update your mobile number with latest one you can know by following below steps.
Before we proceed let me tell you, if your existing mobile number which is linked with Aadhaar Card is lost or does not exists than in this situation you cannot update your mobile number in Aadhaar Card Online. You will have to visit nearest Aadhaar Seva Kendra to get your mobile number updated in Aadhaar Card.
Steps on What to do when the Mobile Number Linked with Aadhaar is Lost or does not exist
- Locate nearest Aadhaar Seva Kendra in your location by clicking here.
- You can download Aadhaar Update or Correction Form Online by clicking here or else you can even get Aadhaar Card Update or Correction Form from Aadhaar Seva Kendra Free of Cost.
- If you have downloaded Aadhar Card Correction Form online, than just take a printout of it.
- Fill up all the information asked in the form, tick mark on which field you want to update that is mobile number and mention your new mobile number.
- Take photocopy of your Aadhaar Card, and self-attest on it.
- Walk In to nearest Aadhaar Seva Kendra, submit your application form along with Aadhaar Card Photocopy.
- The Operator will take mobile number update request.
- Your mobile number will get updated in your Aadhaar Card in next 24 to 48 hours, you would also receive SMS on your new mobile number confirming same.
That’s it this is how you can easily update your mobile number linked with Aadhaar Card when it is lost or does not exist.