Linking Aadhaar with various document was one of the trending topic in 2017, as Government had passed orders to make Aadhaar linking with various documents mandatory. This step was taken by Government of India for betterment of nation like to ensure benefits from all government schemes reach the public, to eliminate forgery, etc.
So today in this post we will introduce you to things which you should link with your Aadhaar Card in 2018 to eliminate from getting it ceased or blocked. Almost all documents linking with Aadhaar Card deadline has been extended till 2018, so here we will remind you which all documents or things are those which you should get it linked with your Aadhaar Card to make it function properly without any inconvenience.
Things Which You Should Link with your Aadhaar Card in 2018
- Bank Account: Linking Aadhaar Number with Bank Account is mandatory failing to link with it would lead to suspension of your bank account, until and unless you link your Aadhaar Number with your Bank Account. So if you want to use hassle free banking do link your Aadhaar Number with your Bank Account before April 01, 2018. You can update your Aadhaar Number with your Bank Account Online by logging in into net banking, or via SMS, or by manually visiting the branch.
- PAN Card: Linking Aadhaar with PAN is mandatory, without doing so your PAN would go invalid and also you will be unable to file your returns. The latest deadline passed by Government of India to link Aadhaar with PAN Card is March 31, 2018. You can get your Aadhaar linked with PAN Card Online from Income Tax India e-Filing Portal or via SMS or via manually submitting the form.
- Mobile Number: As per Government of India directive Re-verifying your mobile number with Aadhaar eKYC is mandatory, failing to do so would result in suspension of your mobile connection. The last date to link Aadhaar with Mobile Number is 31st March 2018, to link your Aadhaar with Mobile you can visit nearest mobile operator store, or it can be even done online or by just sending SMS.
- Insurance Policy: As per Government directives it is mandatory to link Aadhaar Number with all Insurance Policy, failing to do so would result in suspension of your policy until you link your Aadhaar with it. The latest deadline passed by Government to link Aadhaar with Insurance Policy is March 31, 2018, you can link your Aadhaar with Insurance Policies by visiting Insurance Branch Office, or it can be even done online.
- LPG Connection Card: To avail subsidized LPG it is mandatory to get your Aadhaar linked with your LPG Connection, if you don’t link your Aadhaar with your LPG Connection you will not be eligible to receive LPG Subsidy in your bank account. You can get your Aadhaar linked with your LPG Connection by visiting nearest LPG distributor.
- Ration Card: To avoid misuse of ration card linking Aadhaar with Ration Card has been made mandatory by Government of India. To link Aadhaar with Ration Card you can visit your Fair Shop or by SMS or it can be even done online from Aadhaar seeding website.
- Mutual Funds: Ministry of Finance (Dept. of Revenue) in consultation of RBI came up with Notification G.S.R. 538 (E), dated 1st June, 2017, carried out amendments to prevention of Money Laundering (Maintenance of Records) Rules, 2005. As per the new rules linking of Aadhaar number with Mutual Fund investments is mandatory, for all the holders. Failing which, the folios will be frozen by 31/03/2018. You can get your Aadhaar linked with your Mutual Fund Folios Online from Mutual Fund Website or by visiting Mutual Fund Branch or via SMS.
- Employees Provident Fund: Linking Aadhaar with your EPF can make the claims settlement smoother and faster. You can link your Aadhaar with EPF Account Online or via visiting EPFO Office.
- Voter ID: Linking Aadhaar with Voter ID is not yet made mandatory, but still you can get your Aadhaar linked with Voter ID by visiting NVSP Website or by sending SMS or through Booth Level Officer (BLO).
These are the Things Which You Should Link with your Aadhaar Card in 2018.