Government of India, Department of Post have started the facility of delivering Aadhaar Card Letter through registered post, for the security of Aadhaar.
After the verdict from The Supreme Court of India on Aadhaar, UIDAI has made arrangement to tighten up the security of Aadhaar. The outcome of this is that for the security of Aadhaar Card, the Indian Postal Department has again started the delivery of Aadhaar via Registered Post.
For the safe and secure delivery of Aadhaar, a new agreement has been made in between UIDAI and Indian Postal Department. According to the new, Aadhaar Card Physical Copy will be delivered via Registered Post instead of regular post which was done earlier.
Giving security of Aadhar Card the first preference and peoples demand, UIDAI and India Post has made these changes in delivery system.
Earlier in 2013, UIDAI had made arrangements to deliver Aadhaar Card through free and regular post. But there was numerous complaints coming from residents regarding security of Aadhaar and non-receipt of Aadhaar. Now after the Supreme Court Verdict, the Aadhaar Holder will be given option to select whether he or she wants to receive Aadhaar via Regular Post or Registered Post.
If Aadhaar Holder wants to receive his or her Aadhaar via Registered Post then, while his or her Aadhaar Enrolment they will have to select the method of delivery and pay the necessary charges for the registered post-delivery. For Regular Post-delivery of Aadhaar, there won’t be any charges or fees.
How to Request Aadhaar through Registered Post
- To receive Aadhaar safely you will have to make selection of delivery of Aadhaar through Registered Post while applying or enrolment of Aadhaar or Aadhaar Update.
- The process the same and regular for applying for Aadhaar or Updating Aadhaar, but still for your reference we will be again going to repeat the entire process and when and how to select delivery option to receive Aadhaar via Registered Post.
- Visit nearest Aadhaar Center in your area, if you are unsure about nearest Aadhaar Center then you can always check nearest Aadhaar Centers by following this link.
- If you applying for Aadhaar then make sure you take all your documents with you like ID Proof, Address Proof, and Birth Proof Documents. The main requirement is the person who wants to apply for Aadhaar will have to visit the Aadhaar Center. In case of Aadhaar Update also same process applies, only additional thing would be you will also have to take your existing Aadhaar Card Copy.
- Visit the center, take Aadhaar Application Form or Aadhaar Update Form.
- Fill in all details asked in the form, submit the form by enclosing necessary documents which are asked.
- Make sure in form you have selected the Method of Delivery of Aadhaar as Registered Post.
- Operator will feed in all details in Aadhaar Software, and will capture your facial photograph, fingerprints and iris.
- Once it is done, if operator asks whether you want to receive your Aadhaar Card Letter via regular Post or Registered Post, then answer them that you want to receive your Aadhaar Letter via Registered Post. If operator don’t asks or confirms this, then it is better to confirm with them from your side.
- You will be asked to pay applicable charges for the registered post-delivery, fees or charges may differ according to Aadhaar holder’s address.
- Finally you will be given Aadhaar Enrolment Receipt, which you will have to keep with you and with same slip you would be able to track further status of your Aadhaar.
- Aadhaar Card would be usually generated and delivered to you within 2 – 3 months of time span. But in some cases you may receive it even earlier before expected time or sometimes it may also be delayed due to backlogs or other issues.
- Your Aadhaar Card would be delivered to you safely and securely via Registered Post.
If you don’t want to pay delivery charges, then there is also an option to receive your Aadhaar via Regular Post which is free of charge.