UIDAI has recently introduced masked Aadhaar, to tighten up the security of UIDAI number from being leaked or exposed. This new feature masked Aadhaar allows users the option to download their eAadhaar, where in their last four digits of Aadhaar would be visible and not the complete 12 digit number.
So users who are concerned about privacy now can share their e-Aadhaar with confidence as on their masked e-Aadhaar only last four digits of their Aadhaar Number would be mentioned. This feature proves very useful in such cases where sharing Aadhaar Number is not mandatory.
Masked e-Aadhaar comes with digital signature and it is as valid as the regular Aadhaar or e-Aadhaar.
Features of Masked Aadhaar
- Masked e-Aadhaar is same as normal e-Aadhaar, and it is valid as e-Aadhaar or normal Aadhaar Letter. You can now easily share your masked e-Aadhaar without any fear of disclosing your 12 digit Aadhaar Number.
- Masked Aadhaar will hide first eight digits of Aadhaar Number and rest all information like demographic details, QR Code, and Photograph will be visible in your Masked Aadhaar.
- Residents can use Masked Aadhaar as Proof of Identity Document without disclosing Aadhaar Number.
How to Download Masked Aadhaar Card
Residents who are interested in downloading their Masked Aadhaar Card, can download it by following the same regular process with which they download their e-Aadhaar. The only difference here to download Masked Aadhaar is, while downloading you will have to select option Masked Aadhaar. So to make the process simpler, we have explained the complete steps on how to download Masked Aadhaar Card.
- To download Masked Aadhaar Card, first you will have to visit UIDAI Official Download Aadhaar Page by visiting https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/#/.
- Make sure you have your Aadhaar, or Enrolment ID, or Virtual ID and your details handy.
- Select from I have Aadhaar or VID or Enrolment ID (which ever details you have along with you), and then from below option Select your Preference, select Masked Aadhaar.
- Enter your Aadhaar or VID or Enrolment ID, Full Name, and Pin Code.
- Solve the captcha image and click on request otp, or else you can also make sue of TOTP only in case if you have mAadhaar App Installed and Configured on your phone.
- Enter the OTP or TOTP according to whichever option you have selected and click on download Aadhaar.
- Your Masked Aadhaar PDF File will start get downloading.
- Once your masked Aadhaar gets successfully downloaded, you just open the file with PDF Reader Software.
- When password is prompted, enter first four letters of your name in capital letters, followed by Year of Birth.
- By entering this password you would be able to open your Masked Aadhaar Card.
- On viewing your masked Aadhaar, you will be able to find difference in regular e-Aadhaar and Masked Aadhaar that in Masked Aadhaar only last four digits of your Aadhaar Number would be mentioned and rest digits would be hidden.
You can use this masked Aadhaar Card, wherever you want to prove your identity.