Supreme Court of India has already passed order to mobile operators to get their subscribers Aadhaar Number linked with their mobile number. So Idea Cellular has already started sending SMS to its subscribers to get their Aadhaar Number linked with Mobile Number. All existing subscribers of Idea Cellular will now have to re-verify their prepaid or postpaid connection by linking their respective Aadhaar Number on which name the connection is active.
Linking Aadhaar Number with mobile number will add more security and will prevent misuse. Those who avoid linking Aadhaar Number with their Idea Cellular Connection will lead to disconnection of the number. So in this article we will guide you on how to get your Idea SIM linked with your Aadhaar Number.
Procedure on Linking Aadhaar Number with Idea Mobile Number
- To link your Idea Mobile Number with Aadhaar Card, you will have to walk in to nearest Idea Retailer with your phone and Aadhaar Number.
- Once you are at the retailer, tell him that you want to link your existing Idea Mobile Number with your Aadhaar Card.
- The Retailer will ask you your idea mobile number, and you will receive OTP via SMS on your phone.
- Just provide the OTP to the retailer, the retailer will enter that OTP in the App.
- Next you will be asked your 12 digit Aadhaar Number, just provide your Aadhaar Number to the retailer.
- Retailer will enter your 12 digit Aadhaar Number into the App, and ask to place your thumb on fingerprint scanner for authentication.
- Once authentication is successful, you have successfully linked your Idea Mobile Number with Aadhaar Number.
This is how Linking Aadhaar Number with Idea Mobile Number works, and this is how easily you can get your Idea Mobile Number linked with your Aadhaar Number to avoid disruption of the service.