Day by day the list of linking Aadhaar with various services and products are getting longer. Now Amazon needs your Aadhaar Details in order to track your lost and damaged packages, and if you don’t link your Aadhaar with your Amazon Account your grievance may be delayed or closed without any resolution.
This step has been taken by Amazon due to increasing fake claims by customers. Before processing customer’s lost or damaged package claims, Amazon would now verify identity of the customer by asking their Aadhaar Details or any other ID Proof.
If a customer doesn’t hold Aadhaar or doesn’t wants to furnish their Aadhaar details than Amazon will still try to track your claim by using any other Government Certified ID Proof Documents, but without submitting necessary ID proof your claim would be delayed to get resolution or your case might be closed without any proper resolution due to absence of ID Proof.
So if you have received below email from Amazon requesting to submit your Aadhaar details or any ID Proof details.
Email Sample from Amazon Requesting to link Aadhaar
I’m sorry to learn that your shipment was delivered in a damaged condition. While we investigate the issue, I’d like to ask you to please upload a scanned copy of your Aadhar card on Amazon.in.
We will store your Aadhar card details securely on our systems and will not share it without your consent.
Please go to “Your Account” on Amazon.in on your desktop/laptop or mobile browser and click “Photo ID Proofs”
Follow the on-screen instructions to upload the scanned copy of your Aadhar card on Amazon.in.
Kindly share the snapshot of the confirmation that is popped up when you upload the aadhar card at [email protected]
Please do not send your Aadhar card details through email as it’s not a secure channel.
Thank you for your understanding.
Than in this case how to submit your KYC details to Amazon we would be guiding you out in this post.
How to Link Aadhaar with Amazon Account to Track Lost and Damaged Packages
- To link your Aadhaar with Amazon Account to complete KYC you will have to login into your Amazon Account and navigate to “Your Account > Photo ID Proofs” or you can directly visit the page by clicking here.
- From first option select the document which you will be submitting like in case if you want to submit Aadhaar than select Aadhaar and in case if you don’t have Aadhaar Card than you can even submit passport or pan card details.
- In below ID Holders name enter your name exactly same as it is there in your Aadhaar or ID Proof.
- Scan your Aadhaar Card or ID Proof and upload it.
- Once uploading the documents just click on save button.
That’s it you have successfully done submitting or linking your Aadhaar with Amazon Account to track your lost and damaged packages.