Filing taxes is not an easy job as it includes lots of tasks. Previously after filing income tax return customers used to submit their signed and printed copy of ITR-V to the IT department within 4 months.
But now this process has been made paperless, customers after filing income tax return can now verify their Income Tax Return through their Aadhaar Card Number.
So below are the steps which will help you to link aadhaar card to income tax return.
How to Link Aadhaar Card to Income Tax Return
- Just login into Income tax Departments e-filing website using PAN Card Number.
- Once you are logged in, a pop-up window will appear in which you will get option to link your Aadhaar Number to verify your IT Return.
- Once you enter your valid Aadhaar Number it will get validated and your Aadhaar Number will get linked.
- Once your Aadhaar Number gets linked you will be able to verify your IT Return with the help of Aadhaar Number.
How to Complete Verification of Filed Return
- Login into Income Tax Departments e-filing website and upload your returns.
- Next you will be prompted to select the method with which would like to verify the return, choose the option Generate Aadhaar OTP.
- You will receive OTP on your registered mobile number, just enter the OTP and proceed.
That’s it you have successfully completed verification of filed return and from now onwards there is no need to send ITR-V to the IT department.