Aadhaar is nothing but 12 digit random number issued by UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India). Aadhaar Number not only acts as a Proof of Identity but also Proof of Address, with Aadhaar Number paperless Identification is now possible without any additional documents.
Aadhaar is contributing a lot towards Digital India campaign which was launched by the Government of India to ensure that Government services are made available to residents electronically by improved online infrastructure.
Today in this article we will introduce you to various importance of Aadhaar Card in our lives.
Various Importance of Aadhaar Card in Our Lives or Benefits of Aadhaar
- Pension: With Aadhaar documentation requirement has cut down and only by linking your Aadhaar Number senior citizens will get timely and convenient pension payouts credited directly into their bank account.
- Life Certificate: Getting Life Certificate for Pensioners is easier with Aadhaar based Jeevan Praman, just register with your Aadhaar Number online and get Digital Life Certificate. This will allow you to continue getting your pension without any hassles of physically visiting bank and submitting Life Certificate. On other hand Aadhaar MicroATMs are helping the pensioners with money withdrawal services at doorstep.
- Income Tax Filing: If you have Aadhaar then you can instantly e-verify your filed returns online through Aadhaar OTP Authentication. So by using this method there is no need of any additional document to be sent physically to ITR.
- Provident Fund: If you have Aadhaar then the Provident Fund disbursement process will be faster. By just linking your Aadhaar Number with your Provident Fund account number Provident Fund will be disbursed directly to the pensioner’s account.
- Passport: Applying for Passport and Renewal will be easier if you have Aadhaar. You can use Aadhaar as proof of identity and address while applying for a fresh passport or during renewal.
- LPG Subsidy: On Linking Aadhaar with LPG Connection resident will be entitled to receive LPG Subsidy directly into bank account. This has also helped out Government to weed out ghost/fake beneficiaries.
- Paperless Bank Account: With Aadhaar Number you can open bank account instantly without any additional paper documents.
- Doorstep Banking: Card-less and Pin-less banking possible with Aadhaar MicroATMs. Bank Mitr brings basic banking services at doorstep.
- Ration (PDS): Linking Aadhaar with Ration (PDS) has ensured that families get their rightful ration. By this way fake ration cards has been weeded out.
- Instant Mobile Connection: There is no requirement of any documents if you have Aadhaar, with Aadhaar based paperless KYC you can get instantly activated SIM.
- Reuniting Families: With Aadhaar there has been many incidents where missing people have been re-united with their families.
- Paperless Travel: Without any additional paper documents now you can board domestic flights in India with Aadhaar based biometric authentication.
- Aadhaar based payments: If you and beneficiary both hold Aadhaar then you can send payments via Aadhaar Number without any requirement of Account Number, Mobile Number, or Virtual Payment Address of the beneficiary.