To use mAadhaar on your phone and carry your Aadhaar in digital format in your pockets it is essential to have mobile number registered with your Aadhaar Card. If your mobile number is not updated or if mobile number added with Aadhaar is deactivated or no more active than you will have to get your mobile number updated in your Aadhaar Card to be able to use mAadhaar.
So how to get your mobile number updated in your Aadhaar Card to be able to use mAadhaar, we would be going to explain to you in this article.
Procedure on how to update mobile number to use mAadhaar
- To update mobile number to be able to use mAadhaar on your phone you will have to get your mobile number updated in your Aadhaar Card by visiting nearest Aadhaar Enrolment Center.
- To speed up the process you can download the Aadhaar Update Form Online by clicking here, or else you can get it free of cost from Aadhaar Enrolment Center.
- If you have downloaded Aadhaar Enrolment Form Online, just take a printout of it and start filling up each and every details asked in the form. Don’t forget to mention the mobile number in the form which you want to update.
- Along with form you will have to submit POI, POA documents and your existing Aadhaar Card Photocopy.
- Self-attest on document and Aadhaar photocopies, and walk in to nearest Aadhaar Enrolment Center. If you are not aware about nearby Aadhaar Enrolment Centers, you can find it out by clicking here.
- Once you reach Aadhaar Enrolment Center, submit your form along with photocopies of the document.
- Aadhaar Enrolment Operator will feed in all your details in the Aadhaar Software, you should make sure that the operator is entering all your details correctly.
- Once operator has done entering your details your fingerprints will be captured for confirmation to update your Aadhaar Card.
- You will be issued Aadhaar Enrolment Copy which you have to keep with you.
- Your mobile number would get updated in your Aadhaar Card in next 1 to 2 weeks.
Once your mobile number is updated in your Aadhaar card, you can download and use mAadhaar App on your smartphone.