Update or Correction of mobile number need might arise due to various situations like:
- In case registered mobile number with Aadhaar is lost
- In the case of registered mobile number with Aadhaar is inactive or deactivated by the provider
- In case if you have changed your mobile number
- In case you have not provided mobile number while enrolling for Aadhaar
So above are some of the reasons which could bring a requirement of updating mobile number in Aadhaar Card.
Without having active mobile number registered with Aadhaar Card, you cannot perform many tasks or get various notification when your Aadhaar Number is used, so it is better to get a mobile number updated or corrected as soon as possible.
The process of updating Mobile Number was much simpler and easier as there was an online option on UIDAI Portal to change or correct the mobile number. But due to some security precaution, UIDAI has discontinued this feature of updating the mobile numbers with Aadhaar Card Online, so now this process can only be accomplished by visiting the nearest Aadhaar Kendra or Aadhaar Center in Bank or Post Office.
So today in this post we will guide you throughout the process on how to update mobile number in Aadhaar Card in 2020.
The process of updating the mobile number in Aadhaar by visiting Aadhaar Center is very simple and it does not require any documentation, just the Aadhaar holder should physically be present at the Aadhaar Center to update their mobile number.
Process on How to Update Mobile Number in Aadhaar Card in 2020
- Take a photocopy of your Aadhaar Card along with the original or letter or eAadhaar Letter, and take ID Proof and Address Proof Document.
- Visit the nearest Aadhaar Center in your location, if you are unaware of the nearest Aadhaar Center location then you can know it by locating it online by following this link.
- Take Aadhaar Correction or Update Form from Aadhaar Center and fill each and every detail asked in the form, make sure to fill the mobile number which you want to add or update and submit the form to the operator
- The operator will feed in information in the Aadhaar Software and also your new mobile number would be entered, once details are entered for authentication your fingerprints will be captured
- Once your fingerprint gets successfully matched, your update request will be sent to UIDAI
- On approval and verification by UIDAI your mobile number will be updated in your Aadhaar Card which will take almost 1 to 2 weeks.
- As of now, you will be given Aadhaar Update Receipt which you will have to maintain with you until your mobile number gets updated with your Aadhaar Card.
That’s it this is how in 2020 you can update your Aadhaar Card Mobile Number.