In our last article we discussed how to update Aadhaar Card through Post. But alternatively Aadhaar Card details can also be updated online at your comfort at your home or office. So in this guide we will briefly discuss on how to update Aadhaar Card Online. Updating Aadhaar Card Details Online options helps a lot for those who have errors in their demographic details of Aadhaar, if there is any spelling mistake or error in your Aadhaar Card than you can easily correct it by using Update Aadhaar Card Data Online Option found on Official UIDAI Portal.
To be able to update your Aadhaar Card Details Online first of all you should have internet connection, computer or laptop or smartphone and supported proof of identity, supported proof of date of birth and Supported Proof of Address document self-attested scanned copies stored on your computer or laptop or smartphone in .jpg, .pdf, .tiff, .jpeg, or .png format.
Below is the list of Supported Proof of Identity, Proof of Birth and Proof of Address documents accepted to Update Aadhaar Card Online Request.
Supported Proof of Identity (PoI) documents Containing Name and Photo for Name Corrections:
Passport, PAN Card, Ration / PDS Photo Card, Voter ID, Driving License, Government Photo ID Cards/ Service Photo Identity Card issued by PSU, NREGS Job Card, Photo ID Issues by Recognized Educational Institution, Arms License, Photo Bank ATM Card, Photo Credit Card, Pensioner Photo Card, Freedom Fighter Photo Card, Kissan Photo Passbook, CGHS/ ECHS Photo Card, Address Card having Name and Photo issued by Department of Posts, Certificate of Identity having photo issued by Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead, Disability ID Card/handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State/UT, Affidavit executed on non-judicial stamp paper to be submitted by a woman applicant for name change after marriage (Join affidavit to be submitted along with her husband with joint photo), Marriage Certificate, Proof of Marriage document issued by the registrar, gazette notification, legal name change certificate.
Supported Proof of date of birth documents:
Birth Certificate, SSLC Book/ Certificate, Passport, Certificate of Date of Birth issued by Group A Gazetted Office on letterhead.
Supported Proof of Address (PoA) documents Containing Name and Photo for Name Corrections:
Passport, Bank Statement/ Passbook, Ration Card, Voter ID, Driving License, Government Photo ID Cards/ Service Photo Identity Card issued by PSU, Electricity Bill (not older than 3 months), Water Bill (not older than 3 months), Telephone Landline bill (not older than 3 months), Property Tax Receipt (not older than 3 months), Credit Card Statement (not older than 3 months), Insurance Policy, Signed Letter having Photo from Bank on letterhead, Signed letter having photo issued by registered company on letterhead, signed letter having photo issued by recognized educational instruction on letterhead, NREGS Job Card, Arms License, Pensioner Card, Freedom Fighter Card, Kissan Passbook, CGHS/ ECHS Card, Certificate of address having photo issued by MP or MLA or Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead, Certificate of address issued by village panchayat head or its equivalent authority (for rural areas), Income Tax Assessment Order, Vehicle Registration Certificate, Registered Sale/ Lease/ Rent Agreement, Address card having photo issued by departments of posts, caste and domicile certificate having photo issued by state govt., disability ID Card/ handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State/UT Governments/ Administrations, Gas Connection Bill (not older than 3 months), Passport Spouse, Passport of Parents (in case of minor).
Steps on How to Update Aadhaar Card Online
- From your PC, Laptop or Smartphone using any web browser access UIDAI Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal by going https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/update
- Once you are on the UIDAI Government of India Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal, just enter your Aadhaar Number, complete the text verification by entering the same text as displayed in the image and click on Send OTP.
- On Clicking Send OTP You will receive One Time Password (OTP) on your registered mobile number, just enter the OTP and click on login button.
- You will be logged in to Data Update Request where you will be will be able to select fields which you want to update like Name, Gender, DOB, Address, Mobile Number and Email ID.
- Select the fields from the list which you want to update of your Aadhaar and click on submit button.
- In next screen you will have to enter your data for update, fill complete fields in the form and make sure that your information is translated correctly in local language.
- Once you fill the fields in the update form just click on submit update request.
- On next page you will get one more chance to review your submitted update details entered, if everything is correct just accept “I confirm that I have read that instruction carefully and the information provided by me to the UIDAI and the information contained herein is true, correct and accurate” and click on proceed button.
- In Next Step of document upload you will have to upload supported valid self-attested scanned copies of document proof in .jpg, .pdf, .tiff, .jpeg, or .png, formats but maximum size of the document should not exceed 2 MB.
- Just upload the documents and submit it.
- On pressing submit button you will have to select BPO Service Provider, select any BPO Service provider which has good average request processing time and click on submit button.
- On submitting the documents you will get message your update request has been successfully submitted and you will also get Update Request Number (URN). You can print your Acknowledgement of Aadhaar Update request or even save it on your computer.
- You will be informed about your update request through SMS.