Table of Contents
If yes then you might be looking out for solution on how to unlock Aadhaar Biometric Lock if Registered Mobile Number was Lost or Stolen.
As we have already discussed in our earlier articles that your Aadhaar should have valid mobile number linked to access Aadhaar Online Services. If you have locked your Aadhaar Biometrics and now have lost your registered mobile number, so here too the condition of having valid and active mobile number is mandatory.
So if you want to carry various biometric authentication then your biometrics should be in unlocked condition, but unlocking biometrics cannot be possible without OTP or without having registered mobile number.
In this guide we will guide you to troubleshoot this problem on How to Unlock Aadhaar Biometric Lock if Registered Mobile number was Lost.
Steps on How to Unlock Aadhaar Biometric Lock if Registered Mobile Number was Lost
To unlock Aadhaar Biometrics lock if registered mobile number was lost, you will have to get replacement of your lost SIM or Stolen SIM. You can get replacement of SIM by visiting mobile operator store, just you need to submit your documents and get replacement of the SIM.
Once the SIM gets activated, you can open UIDAI Portal and Unlock your Aadhaar Biometrics by using the OTP received on your mobile number.
In case replacement of the registered SIM is not possible or if your SIM was deactivated then you will have to get your mobile number updated in your Aadhaar Card. For that you will need to follow below steps.
Updating Existing Lost Mobile Number in Aadhaar Card
- Updating mobile number via UIDAI Portal is not possible, for that you will have to visit nearby Aadhaar Centers in your area. To get the details of Aadhaar Centers Near you just click here.
- Visit the Aadhaar Center with your Aadhaar, ID Proof and Address Proof Documents. Make sure you have taken photocopies of Aadhaar, ID Proof and Address Proof Documents and self-attest on those copies.
- Take Aadhaar Update Form from the Aadhaar Center.
- Fill in all details asked in the Form, make sure you mention your new mobile number which needs to be updated in your Aadhaar Card.
- Submit the Form with photocopies of the documents to the concerned authority at the Aadhaar Center.
- The Operator will update all the details and ask you for biometrics for authentication.
- You will be provided Aadhaar Update Receipt which you will have to keep until your mobile number gets updated in your Aadhaar.
- To get your new mobile number updated in your Aadhaar Card it will take almost 2 – 3 weeks. Till then you can check status of your Update Request from time to time by clicking here.
Once your new mobile number gets updated in your UIDAI Card, you can then open UIDAI Portal from browser and unlock your biometrics or later on lock biometrics as per your need and convenience.