National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has recently enabled “Aadhaar based remittance service (ABRS)” in which a person can send money from one Aadhaar Number to another Aadhaar Number or bank account, or from bank account to Aadhaar Number.
Most of the banks have already participated in ABRS like ICICI Bank, Bank of Baroda, Union Bank of India and Punjab & Maharashtra Cooperative Bank, State Bank of India and Mehsana Urban Cooperative Bank, etc. You can download your bank app and you will get the feature to send money using Aadhaar Number.
Without disclosing your bank account details now you will be able to accept money by simply sharing your 12 digit Aadhaar Number, but for this, your bank account should be linked with Aadhaar Number.
So in this article, we will explain to you how to send money using Aadhaar Number.
Process on How to Send Money using Aadhaar Number
You can download the bank app according to a bank account that you have. But in this post, we will show you how to send money using Aadhaar Number in ICICI Pockets App.
- Download and Install ICICI Pockets App from the app store.
- Once it gets installed, just tap on it and sign in into your account.
- From home screen just tap on Pay UPI > Send Money
- Select the option Pay using Aadhaar
- Select the beneficiary bank from the list and then below enter 12 digit Aadhaar Number of the beneficiary
- Enter the amount, select the VPA Address if you have multiple ones and tap on the Next button.
- On the next page for verification you will receive OTP, just enter that and proceed.
- That’s’ It the amount will get successfully transferred to a beneficiary bank account.
This is how easily you can send money using Aadhaar Number, the same thing apply to other banks.