Having valid/ active mobile number registered with Aadhaar is mandatory for GST Applicant/ Taxpayer.
Government has also requested GST Applicants or Taxpayers to ensure that their mobile number is registered or updated with Aadhaar to smoothen the Goods and Services Tax (GST) Registration Process. The Government of India had launched GST on June 30th Midnight in the presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, President Pranab Mukherjee, Dr Manmohan Singh and HD Deve Gowda.
So how GST Applicants or Taxpayers can register or update their mobile number with Aadhaar Card we will be going to explain to you in this post.
There are several method available out there to update or register mobile number with Aadhaar Card and in this post we will be going to explain all methods. You can use any of the below methods which is as per your convenience and get your Mobile Number Registered or Updated in Aadhaar Card for GST.
Table of Contents
Procedure on How to Register Mobile Number with Aadhaar Card for GST Online
If your mobile number was not registered with online than you can’t register mobile number with your Aadhaar Card Online, you will have to use the alternate way that is register mobile number with Aadhaar Card by visiting Aadhaar Kendra.
You can use this online method to register mobile number with Aadhaar Card only if your existing mobile number is present in Aadhaar Card and the existing number should be active if you want to update it to other as it will be verified via OTP.
So now let’s get started with the process on how to register mobile number with Aadhaar Card for GST Online.
- Just visit Aadhaar Self Service Portal by clicking here.
- Enter your 12 digit Aadhaar Number in Enter Aadhaar Field and solve the below captcha code and click on Send OTP.
- You will get one time password on your registered mobile number, just enter the otp code received in enter otp field and click on login button.
- On next page you will have to select fields which you want to update, as we want to update mobile number just click on mobile number field and click on submit button.
- On next page enter in new mobile number which you want to update to, and click on submit update request.
- On next page you will have to review the update request and if everything is correct just accept the instructions by UIDAI and click on proceed button.
- That’s it you have submitted mobile number update request online, on next page you will get Update request number which you can use to track the status if your update request.
- Remember for mobile number update online you will be not asked any documents like POI, POA or Proof of Birth Document.
- Your new mobile number will get updated in Aadhaar Database in next 2 to 6 days.
That’s it this is how you can register mobile number with Aadhaar Card for GST Online.
Procedure on How to Register Mobile Number with Aadhaar Card for GST by visiting Aadhaar Kendra
- To Update or Register Mobile Number with Aadhaar Card for GST by visiting Aadhaar Kendra visit nearest Aadhaar Kendra, you can find out nearest Aadhaar Kendra by clicking here.
- You can get Aadhaar Update Form at Aadhaar Kendra or you can download it by clicking here.
- Once you download the form, just fill it out with valid details. Make sure you take ticked marked on Mobile Number as you want to register or update mobile number.
- Just enclose POI and POA document self-attested copy to it and submit it to Aadhaar Operator at Aadhaar Kendra.
- The Operator will update your mobile number in your Aadhaar and will take your fingerprint for verification.
- Once done you will be issued Aadhaar Update Receipt.
- Your Mobile Number in your Aadhaar will get updated in 2 to 3 weeks, and you will be notified via SMS.
That’s it this is how you can register mobile number with Aadhaar Card for GST, and be prepared for GST Registration.