DoT has announced three new methods to re-verify MTS Mobile Number with Aadhaar eKYC. Now there is no need to visit the MTS Store or retailer to get Aadhaar linked with number. Also there is no need to provide fingerprints for re-verification, the re-verification can now be easily completed at the comfort of the home by using App, IVRS or OTP based authentication method.
Complete Procedure on App based Aadhaar linking with MTS Mobile Number would be available from 1st December 2017, do keep checking this space for more updates.
Table of Contents
How to Re-verify MTS Mobile Number with Aadhaar eKYC through App or Website
- Resident to enter the mobile number (to be verified) on website or app.
- Telecom Service Providers website or app will generate OTP on the entered mobile number which resident will then enter on the website.
- Consent message will be displayed on the website and resident will enter the Aadhaar Number after checking the consent box.
- Telecom Service Providers website or app will generate an OTP request to UIDAI.
- If there is any mobile number registered with Aadhaar, resident will receive the OTP on it.
- Resident will receive a consent message for receiving e-KYC from UIDAI and resident will enter OTP after providing the consent.
- Successful e-KYC authentication and confirmation to resident that mobile has been re-verified.
How to Re-verify MTS Mobile Number with Aadhaar eKYC through IVRS
- Resident calls the Telecom Service Provider IVR through the mobile number that needs to be re-verified.
- IVR plays the consent message and resident provides the Aadhaar Number.
- OTP request sent to UIDAI if there is Aadhaar registered mobile number otherwise error message is played to the resident.
- OTP is received on the Aadhaar registered mobile and consent message played.
- Resident enters the OTP on the IVR and e-KYC details are fetched from UIDAI.
- Successful mobile re-verification message is given on IVR as well as SMS notification on subscribers mobile.