As per the Supreme Court orders and DoT directive Airtel mobile subscribers are required to link their Aadhaar Number with their Mobile SIM by deadline 6th February 2018.
Recently DoT has enabled 3 more methods to re-verify mobile number with Aadhaar eKYC at the comfort of the home. With these 3 newly methods launched the subscriber may not visit local retailer or provide them your fingerprints, you can now re-verify your Airtel Mobile Number with Aadhaar eKYC through App, IVRS or OTP based authentication system.
Below we have explained how to re-verify Airtel Mobile Number with Aadhaar eKYC using all these 3 methods like App, IVRS and OTP.
Table of Contents
How to Re-verify Airtel Mobile Number with Aadhaar eKYC through App or Website
- Resident to enter the mobile number (to be verified) on website or app.
- Telecom Service Providers website or app will generate OTP on the entered mobile number which resident will then enter on the website.
- Consent message will be displayed on the website and resident will enter the Aadhaar Number after checking the consent box.
- Telecom Service Providers website or app will generate an OTP request to UIDAI.
- If there is any mobile number registered with Aadhaar, resident will receive the OTP on it.
- Resident will receive a consent message for receiving e-KYC from UIDAI and resident will enter OTP after providing the consent.
- Successful e-KYC authentication and confirmation to resident that mobile has been re-verified.
How to Re-verify Airtel Mobile Number with Aadhaar eKYC through IVRS
- Resident will have to call toll free number 14546 through the Airtel mobile number that needs to be re-verified.
- IVR plays the consent message and resident provides the Aadhaar Number.
- OTP request sent to UIDAI if there is Aadhaar registered mobile number otherwise error message is played to the resident.
- OTP is received on the Aadhaar registered mobile and consent message played.
- Resident enters the OTP on the IVR and e-KYC details are fetched from UIDAI.
- Successful mobile re-verification message is given on IVR as well as SMS notification on subscribers mobile.
Below is the message sent by Airtel Informing customer about IVRS Option to Re-verify Airtel Mobile Number with Aadhaar Number.
प्रिय ग्राहक, आता घरात बसून आपला मोबाइल नंबर आधार सह वेरीफाई करण्यासाठी, डायल करा 14546 (मोफत). कृप्या सुनिश्चित करा कि आपला आधार आणि मोबाइल नंबर एकच राज्य चा असावं. याशिवाय, आपण जवळच्या एयरटेल स्टोर किंवा रिटेलर सह संपर्क करू शकता. सरकारी निर्देशानुसार 31-Mar-18 पर्यंत वेरिफिकेशन करणे अनिवार्य आहे.