As per the Government of India mandate (under Prevention of Money Laundering Rules, 2005), it is now mandatory to link your Aadhaar and PAN to your mutual fund folio. Failing to link Aadhaar and PAN with your HDFC Mutual Fund Folio would cease your folio and will be operational till you submit your above details.
So today in this post we will guide you out on how to link your Aadhaar with HDFC Mutual Fund Folios. HDFC Mutual Fund is allowing its investors to update their Aadhaar and PAN with Online as well as offline methods. So now the choice belongs to the investors through which method do they want to get their Aadhaar and PAN details updated with their HDFC Mutual Fund folio.
Aadhaar information is required for all holders (First Holder, Joint Holders, Guardian (in case of Minors), and Power of Attorney (POA) Holders, Donors (in case of Children’s schemes). For HUF, the Aadhaar information of Karta is required. For HUF, the Aadhaar information of Karta is required.
As per existing UIDAI requirements, NRIs are not eligible to enroll for Aadhaar. Hence, NRIs are not required to submit Aadhaar information or ‘proof of applied for Aadhaar’. If you have already enrolled and had a valid Aadhaar Number, you can link your Aadhaar to your folios.
In case if you have applied for Aadhaar and still have not received your Aadhaar then you will have to submit proof of enrolment for Aadhaar. However, in such cases, the Aadhaar number shall be required to be provided for eventual authentication within the timeframe of 6 months from the date of submission of the proof of enrolment for Aadhaar, failing which the account/folio shall cease to be operational.
Table of Contents
How to Link your Aadhaar with HDFC Mutual Fund Online
- To link your Aadhaar and PAN with your HDFC Mutual Fund Folios Online keep your Aadhaar, PAN and Policy Details available with you.
- Visit HDFC Mutual Fund Aadhaar Seeding page https://www.camsonline.com/InvestorServices/COL_Aadhar.aspx
- Enter your PAN Number and click on the verify button.
- On the next page enter your 12 digits Aadhaar Number, select HDFC Mutual Fund from the list.
- Enter your Mutual Fund Folio details and click on the submit button.
- You will receive a one-time password on your Aadhaar registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP Code in the enter OTP field and click on the submit button.
- That’s it you have successfully linked your Aadhaar with HDFC Mutual Fund Folio Online.
How to Link your Aadhaar with HDFC Mutual Fund Offline
- To update Aadhaar and PAN with HDFC Mutual Fund Folio Offline you will have to visit the nearest HDFC Mutual Fund Branch or Investor Services Centres or CAMS with your Aadhaar, PAN and Folio Details.
- But before that download the Aadhaar Seeding Form from //www.hdfcfund.com/CMT/UPLOAD/ARTICLEATTACHMENTS/FATCA_Individual_Aadhar_Form.pdf, take a printout of the form.
- Fill in all details asked in the form, and enclose your Aadhaar and PAN Photocopy.
- Submit the form along with documents at the branch or CAMS or Investor Services Center.
- Your Aadhaar and PAN would get linked with your HDFC Mutual Fund Folio once verification.
- Once your Aadhaar is successfully authenticated and updated in our records, you will receive an SMS/email intimating you of the same. The same will also reflect in your account statement.
- A confirmation email will be sent on the email id registered in the respective folios.
- Non-individual investors have to submit the Aadhaar number of their authorized signatory/ies. All the authorized signatories will have to submit their Aadhaar along with the duly signed form. Download the form from //www.hdfcfund.com/CMT/UPLOAD/ARTICLEATTACHMENTS/Aadhar_Updation_Form_for_non_-_individuals.pdf.