Linking Permanent Account Number (PAN) with Aadhaar Number allows you to e-Verify your return using Aadhaar if your mobile number is registered with Aadhaar. Also recently government has made linking PAN Card with Aadhaar Number to eliminate PAN Cards obtained fraudulently and those whose PAN Card is not linked with Aadhaar Number will soon get invalid.
So this guide will help you on How to Link PAN Card with Aadhaar Number, below is the complete step by step tutorial on How to Link PAN Card with Aadhaar Number.
Before we start with the linking process of PAN with Aadhaar Number let us know you the requirements. To link your PAN Card with Aadhaar Number you will need PAN Card and Aadhaar Number, also the Aadhaar Number should have your valid active mobile number registered or else you will not able to link your PAN Card with Aadhar.
Step by Step Process on How to Link PAN Card with Aadhaar Number
- Just visit Income Tax Filing Site by clicking here, and register an account using your PAN Card Number and your personal details.
- Once you are registered on the site, just activate your account by clicking on the link sent on your email and enter the OTP PIN received through SMS on phone.
- Once successfully activation of your account, just login into your account.
- Once you are logged in into your account, a message will be popped up asking to link Aadhaar. If you don’t get the popup to link your Aadhaar just go to Profile setting and click on “Link Adhaar” button.
- Just enter your 12-digit Aadhaar Number in the Aadhar Number field, enter the captcha code and click on Link Now button. Before linking make sure your name, date of birth, gender in Aadhaar matches the details as per your PAN Card Data.
- On next screen you will get message saying Aadhaar-PAN linking is completed successfully.
This is how easily you can link your PAN Card with Aadhaar Number Online also by this way you can even save your PAN Card from getting invalid.