Since inception, Aadhaar is gaining a huge importance day by day. Aadhaar is almost mandatory to be linked to various documents and to avail various services. So this increasing popularity of Aadhaar has also recently made Government to take decision to make linking Aadhaar mandatory with Driving License. Linking Aadhaar with Driving License will help Government of identify fake driving licenses, to eliminate multiple driving license application by single holder, etc.
To make the process of linking Aadhaar with Driving License simpler and easier, National Informatics Centre has also developed a software called “Sarthi-4”. This software called Sarthi covers all the states on a real-time basis and no one in India would be able to get duplicate or fake license.
So today in this post we will guide you on how to link Aadhaar Number with your Driving License. To avoid last minute rush it is better that you get your Aadhaar linked with your Driving License well before time. Below are the various methods which you can follow to get your Aadhaar Number linked with your Driving License.
Table of Contents
How to Link Aadhaar Number with your Driving License Online
Before we proceed let me tell you that there is no universal website of Road Transport Department through which you can link your Aadhaar with your Driving License.
- To link your Driving License with your Aadhaar Number you will have to visit website of regional Road Transport Department of the State who has issued you Driving License. If you are unaware who has issued you Driving License than please refer your driving license, it would be mentioned on it.
- On Department of Transport Website you will find link Aadhaar Option.
- From the dropdown option select driving license and enter your Driving License Number in below field.
- Next you would be asked to enter your 12 digit Aadhaar Number and click on submit button.
- To complete this online process of linking Aadhaar Number with Driving License you should make sure that your mobile number is registered with your Aadhaar Card, as it would be needed to complete the verification process.
- You will receive one time password on your registered Aadhaar Mobile Number.
- Enter the receive OTP (One Time Password) in the field and hit on submit button.
- On next page a message will be displayed “You have successfully linked your Aadhaar Number with your Driving License”
That’s it you are done linking your Aadhaar Number with your Driving License.
How to Link Aadhaar Number with your Driving License Offline
- Those who are having trouble in linking Aadhaar with Driving License Online or who have no mobile number updated with their Aadhaar Card can follow this offline process and get their Aadhaar attached with their Driving License.
- To link your Aadhaar with Driving License you will have to visit regional Road Transport Department of the State Office who has issued you Driving License.
- Request Aadhaar linking Form from the Road Transport Department of the State Office.
- Fill up each and every details asked in the form link your driving license number, aadhaar number, full name address etc.
- Take photocopy of your Aadhaar Card and Driving License and enclose it to the form.
- Submit the form with document to the concerned authority.
- On verification your Aadhaar would get successfully linked to your Driving License.
- You will receive intimation SMS on your registered mobile number once your Aadhaar is successfully linked with your Driving License.