UIDAI has done lots of improvements in their services, and one of the main improvement is now you can get your address updated in your Aadhaar within few hours.
Yes, you heard it correctly!
Recently I personally tried to update my Aadhaar Card Address, and once submitting the update request my request was verified and approved within few hours and after few hours I was able to download my Aadhaar with new updated Address in it. To update address in Aadhaar within few hours you only need to submit valid documents, and you will get revert back on status of your Aadhaar Update from time to time via SMS on your registered mobile number.
Now those who are in urgent need of updating address in Aadhaar can easily avail this online service and get it updated within few hours.
Below is the complete process on how to get your Address Updated in Aadhaar within few hours.
Process on How to get your Address Updated in Aadhaar within few Hours
To get your Address Updated in Aadhaar within few hours online, first you will have to make sure your mobile number is registered with your Aadhaar. If you mobile number is not registered with your Aadhaar, then you cannot proceed with online updating of Address of your Aadhaar.
To update your Address in Aadhaar, make sure you have valid documents with you which contains the complete new address clearly printed on it. If you are unaware about supported documents which are acceptable for Address Update then follow the below table.
Supported Proof of Address (PoA) documents Containing Name and Address:
Passport, Bank Statement/ Passbook, Ration Card, Voter ID, Driving License, Government Photo ID Cards/ Service Photo Identity Card issued by PSU, Electricity Bill (not older than 3 months), Water Bill (not older than 3 months), Telephone Landline bill (not older than 3 months), Property Tax Receipt (not older than 3 months), Credit Card Statement (not older than 3 months), Insurance Policy, Signed Letter having Photo from Bank on letterhead, Signed letter having photo issued by registered company on letterhead, signed letter having photo issued by recognized educational instruction on letterhead, NREGS Job Card, Arms License, Pensioner Card, Freedom Fighter Card, Kissan Passbook, CGHS/ ECHS Card, Certificate of address having photo issued by MP or MLA or Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead, Certificate of address issued by village panchayat head or its equivalent authority (for rural areas), Income Tax Assessment Order, Vehicle Registration Certificate, Registered Sale/ Lease/ Rent Agreement, Address card having photo issued by departments of posts, caste and domicile certificate having photo issued by state govt., disability ID Card/ handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State/UT Governments/ Administrations, Gas Connection Bill (not older than 3 months), Passport Spouse, Passport of Parents (in case of minor).
Make any one document ready from above list, scan it and store it on your PC, Laptop or Smartphone Device.
- To update your address in your Aadhaar Card, visit UIDAI Official Portal by visiting //uidai.gov.in/
- From Aadhaar Update Section, just click on Address Update Request (Online).
- A new page will open called Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal, on that page two option will be displayed Do not have valid Address Proof and Have valid Address Proof/ Received Address validation letter.
- As you have Address Proof with you, just click on Update Address Button.
- A new page will open showing instructions on how to update your Aadhaar, so to proceed just click on proceed button.
- Enter your 12 digit Aadhaar Number, solve the captcha, and click on send otp or if you have mAadhaar App Installed you can go for option TOTP.
- Enter the received OTP or TOTP in the field and click on login button.
- From next page click on have address proof and click on submit button.
- On next screen you will have to enter your complete address which you want to update. Mention the complete address as present in your Proof of Address Document and click on submit update request.
- But before that make sure that all your details which you have entered are correct.
- On next screen you will be asked to upload supported address proof document, just select the type of document which you are uploading and upload the address proof document which you have on your PC or Laptop or Smartphone.
- Once uploading the document successfully, just click on submit button.
- From next page you will have to select the agency which is processing the update request and click on submit button.
- On next page your URN (Update Request Number) will be displayed, you can use this number to track the status of your update request.
- If it is working day, then your Update Request would be verified and approved within few hours or if it is non-working day then it would be processed next working day.
- You will also get notification via SMS on your registered mobile number regarding status of your Aadhaar.
- Once your URN request successfully gets approved and gets sent for processing you can download your updated Aadhaar Card Copy via Aadhaar Portal.
- If you check the status of your update request, if your request had got approved you will get status showing “Your Aadhaar has been generated. While your Aadhaar is being printed and posted to you, please download eAadhaar.”
Your printed Aadhaar would be posted to you soon, and you will be also informed via SMS once it gets dispatched.