Yes, you heard it correctly!
Actually UIDAI is developing its services and it’s becoming better and better day by day. This is my personal experience which I gone through while updating my Aadhaar Details Online via Aadhaar Self Service Portal.
Actually within not only one day, but within few hours of submitting my Aadhaar Update request, my request was been verified and processed in few hours. During this process I was been updated via SMS on my registered mobile number, and I was also keeping track on each and every process through UIDAI Check Update Status Service.
I had submitted the request for Aadhaar Address Update on 21st of November 2018 at sharp 8:36 AM.
On the same day by 9:25 AM, when tracked status via Aadhaar Self Service Portal the status of request was showing as Pending for verification.
On the same day by 4:27 PM, when status was tracked, it was showing as Approval awaited for your request.
By 4:32 PM, the status was updated as “Your request is in process. Please check again after few days”.
By 5:32 PM, the status was showing as “This enrolment is under process. Please check again after few days.” Also enrollment id was issued for the request and it was showing complete enrolment id below.
When again tracked the status at 7:39 PM, it was showing as “Your Aadhaar has been generated. While your Aadhaar is being printed and posted to you, please download eAadhaar.”
Which means by 7:39 PM, I was able to download updated eAadhaar from UIDAI Download Portal.
So in total 10 Hours 14 Minutes, my Aadhaar Update Request was processed successfully and I was able to download updated Aadhaar with new address on it from UIDAI Portal.
It not even took one complete day, but in 10 hours and 14 minutes my Aadhaar was updated which was absolutely very fast and I was impressed with it.
Note down that if you want your Aadhaar to be updated in one day then you make sure that it is working day and not a holiday. If you submit your Update Request on non-working day then it would be processed on next working day.
To make you familiar with Aadhaar Update Online Process to get your Aadhaar Updated in One Day, below I have mentioned the complete steps which I followed to get my Aadhaar Updated in one day.
But before you proceed with submitting Aadhaar Update Request Online, let me inform you that, to get your Aadhaar Updated in One Day or even in few hours, you should follow below checklists:
- Keep valid document which is acceptable by UIDAI for Correction or Updation of Aadhaar Card
- The document should contain all the details correctly which you want to update
- Scan the document and keep it ready on your device from which you would be requesting to update your Aadhaar
Process to Update Aadhaar and Get your Aadhaar Updated in One Day
- Visit Official UIDAI Portal by visiting URL //uidai.gov.in/
- From Aadhaar Online Services Section Aadhaar Update, click on Address Update Request (Online).
- A new page will open Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal which will display two options Update Address and Request for Address Validation Letter.
- Just click on Update Address and a new page will open.
- Just enter your 12 digit Aadhaar Number, solve the captcha and click on send otp button or totp if you have mAadhaar App Installed on your phone.
- Just enter the totp or otp in below enter otp field and click on login button.
- On next page two options will be displayed like Have address proof and Have address validation letter, just select on have address proof and click on submit button.
- On next page you will be asked to enter your complete address, make sure you enter complete address clearly as mentioned in your address proof documents which you would be submitting.
- Once entering the address just click on submit update request.
- On next page you will get a chance to review your details before submitting, just review the entered details carefully and if everything is correct confirm that you have read the instructions and click on proceed button.
- On next page you will be asked to upload documents, just select document which you are uploading from list and upload the document.
- Once document is uploaded, just click on submit button.
- A prompt will appear asking you “Have you uploaded the original scan copies of the approved documents? Upload original scan copies, else your update request will be rejected. Is the document attached as per the UIDAI’s list of valid document? Upload only the valid documents to avoid update request rejection.” So if you comply with all these requirements then click on yes button to proceed further.
- Next select the BPO Service Provider and click on submit button.
- On next page update request complete message will appear, and update request number will be generated.
- Just download the URN File which will contain the Update Request Number.
By this URN you will be able to check status of your Aadhaar by using Check Aadhaar Status Service from UIDAI Portal.
That’s it you will be notified via SMS about the status, but you can also keep track online.
Your Aadhaar will get updated within one day and once it shows status as “Your Aadhaar has been generated. While your Aadhaar is being printed and posted to you, please download eAadhaar.” you can download your updated Aadhaar and start using it.