Aadhaar contains 12 digit unique number which includes biometric and demographics details attached to it issued to each and every resident of India who have applied for it.
Recently Government of India had made provision to link Aadhaar Number with Bank Account, PAN Card, Ration Card, Voter ID, LPG Connection, Mobile Connection etc. to eliminate forgery. Like Aadhaar Linking is done with various services, Aadhaar Number linking with Passport Issuance has also came in existence. Quoting Aadhaar Number when applying for Passport will allow to speed up the Passport Application Process.
Individuals who have provided their Aadhaar Number while Application of Passport can postpone their police verification as The Ministry of External Affairs is using Aadhaar Card for identification of the passport applicant on the National Crime Records Bureau for verification of the applicant’s criminal record. Unlike Passport Application Process consists of long police verification procedure which can be now skipped until the passport has been issued. The applicant will get his passport in hand just in 10 days on the terms that the applicant gets police verification done once receiving the passport.
Procedure on How to Get Passport in 10 Days using Aadhaar Card
Below we have explained procedure on How to Get Passport in 10 Days using Aadhaar Card:
- Visit Official Passport India Website by going to //www.passportindia.gov.in/
- Register an account by filling up the details asked.
- Apply for the passport, fill in the online passport application form.
- And submit the application Form.
- You will be asked to pay necessary fees to apply for Passport.
- Just make the payment via Net Banking, Debit Card or by depositing the amount in the bank provided in the site.
- Once successful payment of your passport application, take printout of your application and enclose your Aadhaar Card Photocopy to it.
- Carry the Passport Application Form with Aadhaar Card on appointment day to Passport Seva Kendra Office.
That’s it by this way you can get your Passport in 10 Days using Aadhaar Card like Tatkal.
Leave a Reply