If you have misplaced your Aadhaar Card Letter which was sent to you via Post than you can get the same copy back. Even if you have lost your Aadhaar Card there is no need to get worried, as you can get another copy of it in just few seconds without following any formalities or without visiting any government office.
Incase if you lose your Voter’s ID, Driving License, Ration Card, etc. you need to complete various formalities like writing application or form and submit it to concerned authority to reissue your card. But here in case of Aadhaar there is no need to do anything or there is no need to follow any procedure or formalities to get a copy of your Aadhaar Card.
So in this post we have provided the entire process on how to get original Aadhar Card at home without going anywhere.
Procedure on How to Get Original Aadhar Card at Home
To get original Aadhar Card at home, first of all you should know your 12 digit Aadhaar Number or Aadhaar Enrolment Number. And if you have these details available with you than you can proceed following the tutorial on how to get original aadhaar card at home.
- To get original Aadhaar Card at comfort at your home from your web browser visit Aadhaar Download page by going to //eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/
- A form will be displayed, there you will have to enter your Aadhaar Details as asked.
- From the first option select I have Aadhaar Number or Aadhaar Enrolment Number (Which ever number which you have available with you select accordingly), and enter the number in below field provided.
- Than from below field enter your full name, pin code, solve the captcha, and click on get one time password (remember you had entered details correctly as you had provided while getting registered for Aadhar).
- You will receive one time password on your registered mobile number, just enter the received one time password in enter otp field and click on validate and download.
- Your e-Aadhaar Card will start downloading, once e-Aadhaar Card PDF File gets downloaded just open the e-Aadhar Card PDF file with adobe pdf reader.
- While opening e-Aadhaar Card PDF it will ask you to enter the password to open the file, just enter your postal pin code to view your e-Aadhaar Card PDF.
- Now you can take printout of this Aadhaar Card and use same like original Aadhaar Card for several purposes. Downloaded e-Aadhaar Card PDF will be equally valid as Aadhaar Card Letter which you receive via Post.
- If anyone is not accepting e-Aadhaar Card than you can log a file again them by clicking here.
This is how easily you can get original Aadhar Card at home.
Suppose if you don’t have Aadhaar Number or Aadhaar Enrolment Number with you than you can recover those details by following the below procedure and then follow the above process to download your Aadhaar Card.
Procedure on How to Get your Aadhaar Number or Aadhaar Enrolment Number at Home
- To get your Aadhaar Card Number or Aadhaar Enrolment Number, from your web browser visit Retrieve Lost UID/EID by going to //resident.uidai.gov.in/find-uid-eid
- From the form first option you want to retrieve your lost: Aadhaar Number (UID) or Enrolment Number (EID) (just select whichever number you want to recover).
- Than complete the below details asked like Full Name, Email id or mobile number (these details should be same as you had provided while enrolling for Aadhaar Card), than solve the security code by entering the image displayed in below field enter security code and click on send one time password.
- You will receive one time password on your registered mobile number via SMS, just enter that received OTP in enter OTP field and click on verify OTP.
- You will receive your Aadhaar Number (UID) or Aadhaar Enrolment Number (EID) via SMS on Email depending on option you have entered.
- That’s it this is how you have successfully received your Aadhaar Number or Aadhar Enrolment Number at home.
Now you can follow the above procedure to get original Aadhar Card at Home.