If you have misplaced your Original Aadhaar Card Letter which was sent to you via Post than you can get the same copy back. Even if you have lost your Aadhaar Card there is no need to get worried, as you can get another copy of it in just a few seconds without following any formalities or without visiting any government office.
In case if you lose your Voter’s ID, Driving License, Ration Card, etc. you need to undergo various formalities like writing application or form and submit it to the concerned authority to reissue your card. But here in the case of Aadhaar, there is no need to do anything or there is no need to follow any procedure or formalities to get a copy of your Original Aadhar Card.
So in this post, we have explained the entire process on how to get the original Aadhar Card at home without going anywhere.
Table of Contents
Procedure on How to Get Original Aadhar Card at Home
There are numerous modes offered by UIDAI through which Aadhaar holder can get back their lost Aadhaar or updated Aadhaar. So below we have explained all the available modes with which an Aadhaar holder can get Original Aadhaar Card.
Original Aadhar Card Download from UIDAI Gov In
To get the original Aadhar Card at home, first of all, you should know your 12 digits Aadhaar Number or Aadhaar Enrolment Number. And if you have these details available with you then you can proceed following the below tutorial on how to download the original Aadhar card.
- To get original Aadhaar Card at comfort at your home from your web browser visit official Aadhaar webpage https://uidai.gov.in/
- From the homepage of UIDAI, just click on the download Aadhaar link
- A form will be displayed, there you will have to enter your Aadhaar details as requested
- From the first option select I have Aadhaar Number or Enrolment Number or Virtual ID (whichever number which you have available with you select accordingly) and enter the number in below field provided.
- Then solve the captcha code, and click on Send one-time-password
- You will receive a one-time-password on your Aadhaar registered mobile number, just enter the received OTP code in enter OTP field, answer to the quick survey and click on the verify and download button
- Your e-Aadhaar Card will start downloading, once the e-Aadhaar Card PDF file gets downloaded just open the e-Aadhar Card PDF file with an adobe pdf reader software or any pdf reader software which you have installed n your device.
- While opening e-Aadhaar Card PDF it will ask you to enter the password to open the file, to open the password-protected Aadhaar PDF file enter your name first four characters in CAPITAL letters followed by the Year of Birth
- Now you can take a printout of this Aadhaar Card and use the same as the original Aadhaar Card for several purposes. Downloaded e-Aadhaar Card PDF will be equally valid as Aadhaar Card Letter which you receive via Post.
How to Download Original Aadhar Card from the Aadhaar app
You may be aware of the official app of Aadhaar by UIDAI, the app was specially developed to make the process of carrying Aadhaar in digital form in the smartphone. But now the same app that is mAadhaar allows a feature to download PDF version of Aadhaar. So the mAadhaar app is another source from where you can download the original Aadhaar Card.
Below is the complete process which you will need to undergo to download the original Aadhaar Card from the Aadhaar app.
To download your Aadhaar PDF file from the Aadhaar App, you will need to download the mAadhaar app from the app store
Once you download the app on your phone, you will need to register an account on it using your mobile number. If you want assistance then you can follow our complete guide on how to install the mAadhaar App.
Once you are done setting up an account on mAadhaar App, from the home screen of the app under services section just tap on the download Aadhaar icon
On the next page, the app will prompt you how you want to download your Aadhaar which means using Aadhaar Number, VID or Enrolment ID
You will need to make a selection from the above options depending on the details which you have available with you
Once selecting the appropriate option, one the next screen you will be asked to provide the details
Input the Aadhaar Number or Enrolment Number or VID, solve the captcha security code and click on the Request OTP button
You will receive one-time-password on your Aadhaar registered mobile number
Enter the received OTP in the next page and tap on the verify button
On the next screen of the app, an important note will appear revealing the password format which you need to enter to unlock your Aadhaar
To proceed with the process of downloading, just tap on the open button
mAadhaar app will prompt with which PDF app do you want to open your e-Aadhaar file
Just make a selection from appropriate app through which you can open the PDF file and tap on it
To open your Original Aadhaar PDF, the pdf app will prompt you to enter the password
So yo open your original Aadhaar copy you will need to enter first four letters of your name in capital letters followed by the year of birth and tap on the open button
Your eAadhaar PDF file will get open
But wait! still you are not done with Aadhar original download, to download your Aadhaar PDF just tap on the three dots and tap on the download button
Your original Aadhaar PDF file will be downloaded and stored in your download folder of the smartphone.
The above two methods that are downloading Aadhaar PDF Online from UIDAI Website and mAadhaar App are instant options with which one could get original Aadhaar.
How to get Original Aadhaar Card by Post
Getting the original Aadhaar Card by post is a premium service launched by UIDAI for those who want original physical Aadhaar Card Copy. But this is not an instant service, once you place the request for original Aadhaar Card you will need to wait to get it delivered for up to 7 working days.
To get the original Aadhaar Card by post-visit official UDIAI website https://uidai.gov.in/
On the homepage just click on the Order Aadhaar Reprint link
A new page will open Order Aadhaar Reprint
You will need to enter your Aadhaar/ VID/ EID by selecting the options displayed on the top, solve the security code and click on the Send OTP button or TOTP if you have mAadhaar app installed on your phone
If you don’t have a mobile number linked with your Aadhaar then there is also an option to order original Aadhaar without mobile number, and for that, you will need to tick mark on the “My mobile number is not registered” and enter the new number in the below field and then click on the Send OTP button
Enter the received OTP code in the field and accept to the terms and conditions by tick marking on it and click on the submit button
If you have used registered mobile number then on the next page preview of your Aadhaar will appear and if you have used non-registered mobile number then you won’t get to see the preview of your Aadhaar (the only benefit of a preview is that you can check the details before ordering original Aadhaar Copy)
Just click on the make payment button and the page will get redirected to the payment gateway page
You will need to make payment of ₹50 via UPI, Internet banking, Credit Card or Debit Card
Once making the payment, on the next screen you Original Aadhaar request details will be generated
You can capture those details for future inquiry of your request
Now you will need to wait for 7 working days to get your Original Aadhaar Copy delivered to you
Once your copy dispatches via India Post you will be receiving the tracking code of Speed Post
This is how easily you can get the original Aadhar Card at home.
Suppose if you don’t have Aadhaar Number or Aadhaar Enrolment Number with you then you can recover those details by following the below procedure and then follow the above process to download your Aadhaar Card.
Procedure on How to Get your Aadhaar Number or Aadhaar Enrolment Number at Home
- To get your Aadhaar Card Number or Aadhaar Enrolment Number, from your web browser visit official UIDAI website https://uidai.gov.in/
- On the homepage itself, you will find Retrieve Lost or Forgotten EID/UID, just click on that link
- Retrieve Lost or Forgotten EID/UID will open in a new page
- From the form first option you want to retrieve your lost or forgotten: Aadhaar Number (UID) or Enrolment Number (EID) (just select whichever number you want to recover)
- Then complete the below details asked in the form like Full Name, Email id or mobile number (these details should be same as you had provided while enrolling for Aadhaar Card), then solve the security code by entering the image displayed in below field enter security code and click on the Send OTP button
- You will receive a one-time-password on your registered mobile number via SMS, just enter that received OTP in enter OTP field and click on verify OTP (if you have the mAadhaar app installed on your phone then you can also make use of TOTP option)
- You will receive your Aadhaar Number (UID) or Aadhaar Enrolment Number (EID) via SMS or Email depending on the option which you have entered
- That’s it this is how you have successfully received your Aadhaar Number or Aadhar Enrolment Number at home.
Now you can follow the above procedure to get the original Aadhar Card at Home.