Aadhar is mandatory for various purposes like linking Aadhaar with Mobile, linking Aadhaar with Bank Account, linking Aadhaar with PAN, etc.
But what incase if you have misplaced your Aadhar Card? No need to panic as you can get fresh copy of your Aadhar Card from uidai.gov.in Website. The best thing about Aadhar is unlike other identity card, digital Aadhar Card Copy downloaded from uidai.gov.in Website is valid as original.
You may download Aadhar Card Online for any reasons like if you have misplaced it, if there is need to submit digital copy of Aadhar Card while submitting online form, etc.
To get Aadhar Card from uidai.gov.in Website you should know your 12 digit Aadhaar Number or Aadhaar Enrolment Number. If you don’t have or don’t know any of these numbers with you than you can still get Aadhar Card from uidai.gov.in Website by following below steps.
- Visit UIDAI Website by going to https://resident.uidai.gov.in/find-uid-eid
- Make sure you select from you want to retrieve your lost Aadhaar Number (UID) or Enrolment Number (EID).
- Fill up the personal details like full name, email, and mobile which you have provided while enrolling for Aadhar Card.
- Enter the security code which you can see in image in below field.
- Click on send one time password button.
- You would receive one time password on your registered mobile number.
- Enter the same received otp in enter otp field and click on verify otp button.
- You will receive your Aadhaar details on your email or mobile number via SMS.
Now you have your Aadhar Details, so you can move on to get Aadhar Card from uidai.gov.in Website.
Steps on How to Get Aadhar Card from uidai.gov.in Website
- To get Aadhar Card from uidai.gov.in website, just visit UIDAI website https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/#/
- Select I have Enrolment Number or Aadhar Number and enter the details in below field.
- Enter your full name and Pincode.
- Enter the security code which you can see in image in below text field.
- Click on get one time password, if you have mAadhaar App installed on your smartphone you can also use TOTP option.
- You will receive one time password on your mobile number.
- Enter the otp in enter otp field and click on validate and download.
- Your e-Aadhaar Card PDF will being downloading on your system.
- Once e-Aadhaar gets downloaded on your system, open the file with PDF Reader Software like Adobe Reader.
- One opening the file it will prompt you to enter the password, you can know the password to open e-Aadhaar Card PDF by clicking here.