Enrolling for Aadhaar is free of cost there are no charges for enrollment, dispatch or delivery. And also there is no age bar or limit to apply for Aadhaar Card, even infants and children’s below 5 years of age can apply for Aadhaar Card.
To enroll your children’s for Aadhaar Card you can even visit Anganwadi and Vaccination Centers. For hassle free enrolment of child for Aadhaar there is also Tablet-based enrollment service available at several Aadhaar Center.
So today in this article let’s get familiar on how to enroll your child for Aadhaar Card.
Process on How to Enroll your Child for Aadhaar Card
- To enroll your child for Aadhaar you will have to visit nearest Aadhaar Card Centre or Anganwadi and Vaccination Centers.
- At the center you will get Enrollment Form, you will have to fill the complete Aadhaar Card Enrollment Form with all details of your child and don’t forget to mention your mobile number in the form. To save your time you can even download the form well in advance at home print it and fill the form at home and walk in to the center.
- With form you will have to enclose your documents like birth certification of the child, parent’s aadhaar card or if the parent have still not received they can enclose Aadhaar Resident Copy for Bio-metric authentication, and below are the rest all supported documents which you can enclose.
Supported PoR Documents containing Relationship details to Head of Family
MNREGA Job Card
CGHS/State Government/ECHS/ESIC Medical card
Army Canteen Card
Birth Certificate issued by Registrar of Birth, Municipal Corporation and other notified local government bodies like Taluk, Tehsil etc.
Any other Central/State government issued family entitlement document
Marriage Certificate Issued by the Government
Supported PoI Documents Containing Name and Photo of the Parent
Voter ID Card
Supported PoA Documents Containing Name and Address of the Parent
Passport of Spouse
Passport of Parents (for minor)
Voter ID Card
Bank statement/ Passbook
Credit Card Statement (within 3 months)
Electricity Bill (within 3 months)
Water Bill (within 3 months)
Landline Bill(Telephone) (within 3 months)
- Once you are done submit the form with enclosed documents to the enrollment operator.
- The operator will feed all the demographic information which you have filled in the Aadhaar Enrollment Form, you will have to check it if the all details are entered correctly by the operator by checking on the screen and confirm.
- Next your child’s picture will be clicked and parents aadhaar details will be entered and biometric details will be captured to authenticate it. (No biometrics data like fingerprints and iris will be captured of you child as till 5 years the hand impressions keep changing)
- You will be given Aadhaar Acknowledgement Slip and you should keep it safe and you can also use it to track status of your Aadhaar.
- Once your Aadhaar Number is generated you will get notification about same on your registered mobile number.
- Your Aadhaar will be delivered to your postal address through India Post and it can take up to 3 to 4 months.
This is how you can easily enroll your child for Aadhaar Card, you can update biometric details of Child once he or she attends 5 years of age by visiting Aadhaar Enrollment Center. And after attending 15years of age biometric details will be captured again for final time.