UIDAI has launched its official App to carry out various Aadhaar task named mAadhaar. With this mAadhaar App now you can carry your Aadhaar Card digitally on your smartphone. Also this App allows you to perform various Aadhaar tasks like Aadhaar Number Profile Download, Biometric Locking/ Unlocking, TOTP Generation (which can save you when you don’t receive OTP’s on your phone) etc.
In this article we will introduce you on how to download install and use mAadhaar App.
Steps on How to Download Install and Use mAadhaar
- As of now mAadhaar App by UIDAI is available only for Android Devices on Google Playstore.
- mAadhaar is only available for phones having Android Version 5.0 and above.
- You should have registered mobile number with Aadhaar.
- The smartphone device in which you are installing mAadhaar App, should have your registered mobile number inserted.
So now let’s get started with the process on how to download install and use mAadhaar.
- Download and Install mAadhaar Application by searching it on Google Playstore, make sure you download official version of mAadhaar as on PlayStore you will find several app with similar names. So to be sure that you download official App mAadhaar just see that mAadhaar App is by developer Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
- Once mAadhaar gets successfully downloaded and installed on your smartphone, just tap on mAadhaar App to open it.
- On loading mAadhaar App it will show Aadhaar Splash Screen and next usage guidelines will appear. To get familiar with app read out mAadhaar Guidelines and tap on back button in the app to proceed using the App.
- First you will have to set password, you should enter a password of length minimum 8 and maximum 12 characters. The password should contain at least 1 number, 1 alphabet, 1 special character (@, #, &, %,*,!-,(,)) and 1 alphabet in capital e.g. [email protected]
- Once entering the password in enter new password and confirm password field, just accept the terms and conditions by tapping on it. And click on Confirm button to proceed.
- On next screen you will have to enter your 12 digit Aadhaar Number or else to detect it automatically you can scan the QR code which is present in your Aadhaar Card by using option Scan QR Code.
- Once capturing your Aadhaar Number or entering Aadhaar Number just tap on next button.
- On tapping next it will ask you permission to allow mAadhaar to send and view SMS Messages, just allow it to proceed.
- To complete the create profile you will receive One Time Password on your Aadhaar registered mobile number, make sure your registered Aadhaar Mobile SIM is inserted in same phone as it will auto-detect the OTP as soon as you receive the One Time Password. And there is no option yo manually enter the OTP in mAadhaar App.
- Once OTP is loaded in mAadhaar App just tap on verify button.
- A message will appear your profile is successfully imported and your Aadhaar Details will be views on next screen, but to view it you will have to enter your profile password which you have set earlier.
- That’s it now you can view your Aadhaar Details, Lock/ Unlock Biometrics, Get OTP itself in app using TOTP Generation etc.
One Aadhaar profile can be active on only one device at a time. If you create profile on another device by inserting the SIM in another device, the previous profile would become inactive and would be deleted from older device whichever any operation is attempted.
If members of your family have the same mobile number registered as you in their Aadhaar, you can add their profile in your device.
A user can add maximum 3 profiles in his device, all having same mobile number registered in their Aadhaar.
That’s it this is how you can easily carry your Aadhaar Card Now on your Smartphone Digitally. And this is how you can Download Install and Use mAadhaar.