Online feature to download an electronic version of Aadhaar Card is available on www.uidai.gov.in, this service helps residents in various manners. Some of the occasion’s online portal of UIDAI helps residents to download their Aadhaar Card are when they lose their Aadhaar Card
If you know your 12 digits unique Aadhaar Number you can download Aadhar Card by Aadhaar Number, so How to Download Aadhar Card by Aadhaar Number you will get to know by reading step by step tutorial on How to Download Aadhar Card by Aadhaar Number.
Table of Contents
Step by Step Tutorial on How to Download Aadhar Card by Aadhaar Number
- If you have your Aadhaar Number you can easily download e-Aadhaar Card, and below are the steps which you will have to carefully follow to get Aadhar Card downloaded with Aadhaar Number.
- To download Aadhaar Card by Aadhaar Number visit UIDAI Aadhar Card Download Online site from //eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/
- From Enrolment Id or Aadhaar, select I have Aadhaar, and enter your 12 digits Aadhaar Number in below field.
- Solve the Captcha by entering the same text as you can see in the above image and click on Get One Time Password.
- You will receive a SMS on your registered mobile number containing the OTP (One Time Password), just enter the same One Time Password which you received in your mobile in the Enter OTP field and click on Validate & Download button.
- Once you click on Validate & Download button your Aadhaar Card will prompt for download, just save it.
- To open downloaded e-Aadhaar Card PDF file you will need Adobe PDF Reader Software Installed on your Computer or laptop, if you don’t have it installed then get it installed from //get.adobe.com/reader/
- Once Adobe Reader is installed on your computer or laptop, open the download EAadhaar.pdf file using Adobe Reader Software.
- Once the EAadhaar.pdf gets opened with Adobe Reader you will be prompted to enter a password to view your Aadhaar Card, just enter your name first four letters in the block with a year of birth in the password field and your Aadhaar Card PDF File will open.
This is the way with which you can get Aadhar Card Downloaded Online by Aadhaar No or Download Aadhar Card by Aadhaar Number.
If you don’t have your Aadhaar Number then it doesn’t mean that you cannot download your Aadhaar PDF File. Instead, to download your Aadhaar you will need to first recover your Aadhaar Number which can be easily done in a few frictions of time. So in absence of your 12 digit’s Aadhaar, you will need to first recover your UID Number by following the below steps and then once recovering the 12 digits Aadhaar No, you can follow the above process mentioned to download Aadhaar by Aadhaar No.
Retrieve Lost or Forgotten UID Number
To Retrieve Lost or Forgotten UID or Aadhaar Number, visit official UIDAI Portal https://uidai.gov.in/
From the homepage menu under get Aadhaar, click on Retrieve Lost or Forgotten EID/UID
From the selection I want to retrieve my lost or forgotten: Aadhaar No or Enrolment No, select Aadhaar Number
Enter your full name as per your Aadhaar, and then enter your email or mobile number
Solve the security code displayed and click on send OTP or TOTP (if mAadhaar App is installed on your smartphone)
Enter the received One Time Password or TOTP and click on the login button
Your Aadhaar No will be sent on your mobile number or email as per selection you have made.