The Supreme Court Verdict has made clear that residents are no more required to link their Aadhaar details with their digital wallets, bank accounts, and mobile numbers. However Aadhaar continues to remain valid identity and address proof document, but it is no more mandatory to furnish Aadhaar while opening bank accounts, for mobile wallet, or while taking new mobile number.
This verdict of The Supreme Court have given the citizens relief from mandatory requirement of Aadhaar. So after this verdict if you are seeking for the help on how to delink Aadhaar from your Paytm Account, then here we have complete process which will guide you on how to delink Aadhaar from your Paytm Account.
Steps on How to Delink Aadhaar from your Paytm Account
- Dial 01204456456 Paytm Customer Care Number.
- Select the Language as per your preference.
- Dial the option as per voice instructions to talk to Customer Care.
- Once your call gets connected with Paytm Customer Care Executive, just request them that you want to delink or unlink your Aadhaar Number from your Paytm Account.
- Paytm Customer Care will take your Aadhaar Delinking Request and in few moments you will receive email from Paytm regarding delinking of Aadhaar from your Paytm Account.
- The Email will be like “Dear Customer, in order to process your request, we need you to send us a clear picture of your updated Aadhaar card for validation purpose. Request you to share the same with us.”
- So you will have to reply to that email by uploading your Aadhaar Scanned Copy.
- Once you respond to that email with your Aadhaar Scanned Copy, you will get revert back confirmation email saying “your Aadhaar details will be delinked in 72 hours”.
- After 72 hours you can check your Paytm Account to see whether your Aadhaar is delinked from your Paytm Account.
That’s it, this is how one can easily delink their Aadhaar Details from Paytm Account by following the above mentioned steps. By this way you can also protect your privacy, which was the main question before this verdict of the Supreme Court.
Although this process still sounds complicated as to delink Aadhaar from Paytm, it still requires you to send scanned copy of Aadhaar via email which again puts question on privacy of Aadhaar.
But still if you are looking for the way to delink your Aadhaar, then this method is only one way through which you can delink your Aadhaar from Paytm.