After the verdict of The Supreme Court of India, it is clear that Aadhaar is no more mandatory for Bank Accounts, Mobile Number (SIM Card) and for Mobile Wallets. Now onwards mobile operators will not be able to use Aadhaar based e-KYC and instead they would have to switch to alternative verification techniques.
A circular to this recent changes has also been issued to all telecom operators in India including Airtel, Aircel, Idea, Vodafone, Tata Docomo, MTNL, BSNL, MTS, Uninor, Reliance Jio, etc. stating to stop using Aadhaar based eKYC Verification Method and to plan the process to delink Aadhaar details of subscribers from their mobile numbers who has already submitted.
Subscribers those who have obtained mobile number via Aaadhar based eKYC, will have to redo their KYC by submitting ID proofs approved by the Department of Telecommunications (DoT). This new KYC process will have to be completed by 6 months of delinking Aadhaar to avoid deactivation of the mobile connection.
All Mobile Operators in India will allow subscribers an option to delink or unlink their Aadhaar Number from their mobile number and get their KYC done again by submitting other identity proof documents.
Below we have mentioned the steps in detail on how to delink Aadhaar from Mobile Numbers, it may be whichever mobile operator, the steps are same across all mobile operators like Airtel, Aircel, Idea, Vodafone, Jio, MTS, MTNL, BSNL, Uninor, etc. to delink Aadhaar.
Table of Contents
- To delink your Aadhaar details from your mobile number, you will have to walk in to nearest Mobile Operator Store with your Identity Proof Documents and the mobile number from which you want to unlink your Aadhaar.
- Request the store executive to delink your Aadhaar from your Mobile Number.
- The store executive will ask you to provide your mobile number, and additional identity proof document to re-verify your KYC.
- You will have to provide photocopy of the identity proof document to the executive.
- The executive will take your Aadhaar delinking request and once your Aadhaar is removed completely from their database you will be notified via SMS on your same mobile number.
That’s it, this is how with simple steps you can get your Aadhaar delinked from your mobile number.
As of now the online process of delinking Aadhaar from Mobile Numbers is not made available by telecom operators. But the process of delinking Aadhaar via Online like from Mobile App or from Website Method would be made available soon.
If delinking Aadhaar from Mobile Number Online method through website is made available in future, it would be similar like which is mentioned in below steps.
- Visit the Telecom Operator Website.
- Find the option on the portal to delink Aadhaar from Mobile.
- Enter your mobile number and click on delink Aadhaar.
- You will receive OTP on your mobile number.
- So to delink Aadhar successfully from your mobile number, just enter the one time password in enter otp and click on submit button.
- Your request of delinking Aadhaar would be forwarded further.
- Once your Aadhar gets delinked from your mobile number, you will receive confirmation SMS on your same number.