Is the mobile number mentioned in your Aadhar Card Incorrect? If yes than this could create a problem for you in completing various tasks like to update Aadhar Online, Lock/ Unlock Aadhar Card, to complete Aadhar OTP Authentication etc.
So incase if mobile number mentioned in your Aadhar Card is incorrect, than it is recommended to get it changed to correct mobile number as soon as possible. First of all if you are thinking to Correct Incorrect Mobile Number in Aadhar Card Online than it is not possible to update it online as to update your mobile number in Aadhar Card the existing number should be accessible and while updating it to new ones you will get otp on that old number. So Online option to correct incorrect mobile number in Aadhar Card is not possible as the existing number in your Aadhar Card is not yours, below is the complete process which will guide you on How to Correct Incorrect Mobile Number in Aadhar Card.
Steps on How to Correct Incorrect Mobile Number in Aadhar Card
- To Correct Incorrect Mobile Number in Aadhar Card the only method is to visit Aadhar Seva Kendra, if you are unaware about nearest Aadhar Seva Kendra or having difficulty in locating nearest Aadhar Seva Kendra in your location than you can locate nearest Aadhar Seva Kendra in your location by clicking here.
- Once you get to know the address of nearest Aadhar Seva Kendra you will have to get prepared to submit your application to correct incorrect mobile number in Aadhar Card.
- First of all to submit your mobile number correction request you will need Aadhar Update/ Correction Form, you can either get Aadhar Card Correction/ Update Form from nearest Aadhar Seva Kendra Free of Cost or else you can download the Aadhar Card Correction/ Update Form by clicking here.
- Once downloading the Aadhar Correction/ Update Form, just take a printout of it.
- Once you have hard-copy of Aadhar Correction/ Update Form, fill in the details asked in the form in Block Letters. Don’t forget to mention your mobile number which you want to update in your Aadhar Card.
- Take photocopy of your Aadhar Card, and supporting documents required to submit Aadhar Correction/ Update Request. You can get to know the complete list of supported documents required for Aadhar Update by clicking here.
- Once you have photocopies of the documents, just self-attest with your signature on it.
- Visit nearest Aadhar Seva Kendra with Aadhar Form, and documents.
- Submit the Aadhar Update Form with document photocopies at the Aadhar Seva Kendra to concerned authority.
- The Operator at Aadhar Seva Kendra will fill in enter your details in Aadhar Software, while entering the data you should be actively check if the operator is entering your details correctly.
- Once this is done your biometric will be captured for confirmation and you will be handed over with Aadhar Update Request Receipt.
- Your new mobile number will get updated in your Aadhar Card in next 24 to 48 hours.
That’s it this is how easily one can correct incorrect mobile number in Aadhar Card.